Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can't uninstall msn live  (Read 19171 times)

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

can't uninstall msn live
    « on: January 22, 2009, 06:30:17 PM »
    i deleted mesenger live acsidently and when i tryed to instal it again it says that a have it i uninstal msn live from the ad remove program and when i install it again it says that i alrady have the mesenger live and the live instaler only gives me the other aplications to instal  but there is no mesenger on my pc and now i can not instal mesenger

fgdn17

Hopeful

Re: can't uninstall msn live
      « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 06:43:39 PM »
      try this:

deleted this registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger, and then re-install

Good Luck

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 06:49:13 PM »
        i deleted the registry but still nothing still the live instaler says that i have the mesenger on my pc  lol

fgdn17

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 07:22:29 PM »
          i deleted the registry but still nothing still the live instaler says that i have the mesenger on my pc  lol

even though you used remove/install programs to remove it...have you also checked & deleted any folders with it in program files/program data/windows/etc.???, and empty contents of all temp folders, re-booted and tried again???

or then try the following:

http://remove-windows-messenger.recover-data.qarchive.org/

Good Luck
          « Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 07:39:33 PM by fgdn17 »

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 07:02:31 AM »
            i deleted everything that has windows live name on it and still nothing still the instaler says that i have mesenger so if there is no idea i will reinstall the xp  lol   :P

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • Yes
            • Certifications: List
            • Experience: Guru
            « Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 08:10:52 AM »
            Did you try removing it through Add and Remove Programs?

What did you delete?

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 02:33:09 PM »
              first i uninstaled the msn live and after i tryed to install it again the instaler sad that i have mesenger live and after that i deleted everything that has msn name on it btu still the instaler sad that i have mesenger on my pc and now i cant install it. I trayed to install a diferent version of msn but the instaler sad that i have alrady newest version of msn and eror code 1603

Broni

Mastermind
              • Kraków my love :)
                • Computer Help Forum
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Experienced
              « Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »
              Windows Installer CleanUp Utility: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 03:45:26 PM »
                man i cant install the program i do everything that is writen in readme file but something is wrong     ::)

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 03:46:49 PM »
                  i installed it but the program doesnt start     thanks for trying   :)

Broni

Mastermind
                    • Computer Help Forum
                  « Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 03:48:47 PM »
                  I assume, you didn't read Contents of the Readme.txt file at the above link.

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 04:19:00 PM »
                     :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 04:19:54 PM »
                      this is how i do it like its in the readme file but still nothing  cant lunch the program

Broni

Mastermind
                        • Computer Help Forum
                      « Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 04:23:36 PM »
                      I have no idea what you're saying...

Did you read this:

README FOR WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEAN UP UTILITY version 3
                      SEPTEMBER, 2006

WHAT IS THE WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEAN UP UTILITY?
                      The Windows Installer Clean Up Utility is a tool that can be used to remove Windows Installer configuration management information if a problem occurs.

*** NOTE: The Windows Installer Clean Up Utility should not be used to remove the 2007 Microsoft Office System installation information. ***

The Windows Installer configuration management information can become damaged if any of the following issues occur:

- The computer's registry becomes corrupted.

- A registry setting that is used by the Windows Installer is
                         inadvertently changed, and this change results in a problem.

- The installation of a program that uses Windows Installer (for
                         example, Microsoft Office 2003) is interrupted.

- There are multiple instances of a setup program running at the same time, or
                         an instance of a setup program is "blocked."

WHAT HAPPENED TO MSICU.EXE?
                      In the original release, there were two versions of the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility: Msicu.exe (for use in Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows ME), and Msicuu.exe (for use in Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003). Msicu.exe was removed because Msicuu.exe now works with all 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows.

WHAT IS MSIZAP.EXE?
                      The Windows Installer Clean Up Utility uses the Msizap.exe program file to perform cleanup operations on the Windows Installer configuration management information. Microsoft does not recommend that you run Msizap.exe manually, because Msizap.exe uses a command-line interface. Msizap.exe does not provide the same ease of use or level of protection as the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility.

WHY IS THERE NO MSIZAP.EXE IN THE EXTRACTED FILES?
                      There are two versions of MSIZAP.EXE: MsiZapA.exe (for use in Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows ME), and MsiZapU.exe (for use in Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003). The appropriate executable must be renamed MsiZap.exe in order for the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility to work correctly. The installation process renames and installs the correct version automatically.

HOW DO I INSTALL THE WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEAN UP UTILITY?
                      When you download the utility, choose either Install or Save (if you choose Save then run the downloaded executable from the folder in which you saved the executable). By default, the setup program installs the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility files to a folder beneath the Program Files folder. This folder is called "Windows Installer Clean Up."
                      All the files that are used by the utility (Msicuu.exe, Msizap.exe, and this Readme file) are copied into this folder, and a shortcut is created on the Programs menu under the Start menu.

The files may also be extracted manually from the downloaded file. However, after you do this, you must rename the appropriate MsiZap*.exe file "MsiZap.exe." (NOTE: If you use the utility on Windows 95/98/98SE/ME, rename MsiZapA.exe. Otherwise, rename MsiZapU.exe.)

HOW DO I RUN THE WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEAN UP UTILITY?
                      To run the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility, use either of the following methods:
                       - Click 'Start', click 'All Programs' (or 'Programs' on some operating systems), and then click the shortcut for the
                         Windows Installer Clean Up Utility.
                       - Find and run the Msicuu.exe file.

A dialog box will be displayed that contains a message, a list of installed products, and four buttons.

The message that is displayed is as follows:

Continuing further will make permanent changes to your system. You may
                         need to reinstall some or all applications on your system that used the
                         Windows Installer technology to be installed. If you do not want to
                         proceed, please press the 'Exit' button now. Choosing 'Remove' will
                         make the permanent changes.

The list contains the titles of all the installed programs that are registered with Windows Installer. Because the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility installation also uses Windows Installer, the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility should be included in the list. Select the programs that you wish to remove. (To select multiple items in the list, hold down the SHIFT key or the CTRL key as you select the items.)

The four buttons in the dialog box are as follows:

[Select All] - Selects all the programs in the list.

[Clear All] - Clears the selection of all the programs in the list.

[Remove] - Removes the Windows Installer installation information for
                            the selected program or programs.

[Exit] - Exits the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility.

If you click 'Remove,' the following prompt is displayed:

Warning - All items selected will be removed from the Windows Installer
                         database. In order for the items to work properly, you must individually
                         re-install all items selected. Select OK to continue removing product,
                         Cancel to abort.

If you click 'OK,' all the Windows Installer information that is associated with the selected programs is removed. This includes the entries for the programs in the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel. If you remove the installation information for an installed program, the program is prevented from being able to add or remove components or to repair itself. NOTE: If you remove the installation information, files or shortcuts for the programs themselves are not removed. You should reinstall the programs before you try to use them.

WHAT IF I RECEIVE AN ERROR MESSAGE?
                      The following table lists the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility error messages that you may receive and the cause for each message.

Error message:                           
                            This utility requires that Msizap.exe version 2 or greater reside in the same folder.                                 
                         Cause:
                            Msizap.exe version 2 or a later version of Msizap.exe cannot be found in the same folder as Msicuu.exe.
                         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                         Error message:                           
                            You must have Administrator rights to run this utility.             
                         Cause:
                            To run Msicuu.exe, you must be logged on with administrator rights.
                         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                         Error message:                           
                            This utility requires that the Windows Installer be installed and properly registered.
                         Cause:
                            Msicuu.exe uses the Windows Installer object model to identify the installed products.
                            To correct the problem, try reregistering Msi.dll.

HOW DO I REMOVE THE WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEAN UP UTILITY?
                      When the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility is installed, an entry for the utility is created in the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel. To remove the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility, click the entry in the list of installed programs, and then click 'Remove.'

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 04:27:46 PM »
                        yes i have read it  on the picture is how i rename the file like it is in the script but the program doesnt work