Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Before you post your question.  (Read 7675 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Before you post your question.
« on: March 31, 2004, 04:30:34 AM »
Before posting your question in this section of the forums please make sure you have searched the forums and the Computer Hope website.

Computer Hope forum search:
http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=search

Computer Hope site search:
http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

If you are unable to locate your answer using the search make sure you include the following information in your post.
  • The version of Windows or operating system you are using.
  • The name of the program and/or version you are having problems with.
  • Steps you may have already tried.

Tip: Computer Forums are often harvested for e-mail addresses to SPAM. We highly recommend that you do not post your e-mail address when posting to the forums. Instead have the forums send you an e-mail when something is posted on your post.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 10:22:03 PM by admin »
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

doubleyolk

need help with windows 98.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 05:27:14 PM »
   I have windows 98 and when i turn my computer on and windows starts to load right before my icons load i get a error message which says Tapisrv.exe caused invalid page fault at 0000:10024400 can anyone tell me how to get rid of this message at startup.        Thanks doubleyolk

merlin_2

Re: Before you post your question.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 05:33:42 PM »
sounds like modem dial up  yes...how did you connect to the net ....more info helps us...

doubleyolk

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 05:42:26 PM »
   I use a dial up modem i have a us robotics v.92 fax win int.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 05:56:02 PM »
if it happens at start-up type msconfig in the run box ..startup -folder and untick it?and what scaning progams have you got for trojans/etc.? and m$oft say this >it applies?>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;241886
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 05:56:44 PM by merlin_2 »

doubleyolk

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 06:25:37 PM »
tried the msconfig error message still popping up i have nothing scanning for trogans and when i go into dial up i do not get this error message

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 06:39:16 PM »
Dont panic on this advice..............save your..dun..<dial up number>and password....delete your dial =up=connection. <in the control panel      and then click the  > dial up networking icon  .and make another  connection .and enter the dun and password manually..if you are unsure use the connection wizard...

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 01:20:06 PM »
sorry admin but how do you tell a poster they are in the wrong place?without upsetting them?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 01:20:36 PM by merlin_2 »