Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: running scandisk/defrag  (Read 2255 times)

Xmeister

running scandisk/defrag
« on: April 26, 2005, 08:38:01 PM »
I have been having probLems running scandisk and defrag... I figured out that if I shut down programs running in the background I can sucessfuLLy do it but I have found a coupLe of programs running that I do not know what they are ( by hitting CTRL..ALT..DEL ) they are : WTOOLSA and WSUP they ALso wont shut down right away, I have to hit "end task" a few times to get it done !! can anyone heLp ?..........ALso...as you can see ....this is reaLLy bizzar... I just of Late cannot type a smaLL  "L" in any program incLuding the address bar of any browser. when I do a windows expLorer window comes up dispLaying the desktop contents...any Ideas ??? ??? ??? Thanks for any heLp !!

Duane

gussery

Re: running scandisk/defrag
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 05:29:27 AM »
WSUP and WTOOLSA are hijacking software.  You need to get and run an anti-spyware program even though these are know to stop you from accessing anti-spyware sites.

You could start with Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta but you will need to be on Windows 2000 or XP.  You can get it here....
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

As to the "L" problem, it sounds like someone has remapped your keyboard.  They problems could be related.

Xmeister

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 08:57:16 AM »
Thanks for repLying gussery.... I do have anti-spy from adeLphia ... the program runs, untiL about 58 % and just stops. the fiLes it finds I deLete but I am assuming because it isn't finnishing it is not getting the ones that are affecting me, couLd this be right ?... I am running ME so the other option is not an option I guess.

Thanks for the input !

Duane

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 05:13:01 PM »
what program are you running......?try spysweeper from webroot.com  type msconfig in the run box .....and chose selective start up

Mac

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 01:55:35 AM »
Picked this up off the net by Googling for WTOOLSA

"Before you download anything to try and remove these programs quickly check 'add/remove programs' for 'Win-Tools'. Removing the program will take care of the problem."

Then see if you can download SpyBot SD, AdAware SE, and SpywareBlaster. Install, update and scan.