Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer can't boot from disk or system restore on start up [Trying to reformat]  (Read 14855 times)

Dias de verano

For all your sarcasm, at least I know the difference between HP and Dell.

Rek

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

:-\

Using a different disk drive after discussing it on another forum, so far it's working.
    Thanks for those links they should be able to help me Now through the partion part of the process, but to be honest when you where posting them at first you where simply ignoring the actual dilemma I had at that moment.  : \

Dias de verano

Quote from: Rek
    Using a different disk drive after discussing it on another forum, so far it's working.

Bingo!
    « Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 01:15:28 AM by Dias de verano »

billrich

Rek wrote:
    <<<"
    Thanks for those links they should be able to help me Now through the partion part of the process, but to be honest when you where posting them at first you where simply ignoring the actual dilemma I had at that moment. ">>

Sounds like you are making progress.  The original HP disk is quite old and might also be damaged.  Since you plan to reformat, a new or more recent XP disk from HP or MS might work better for the new installation of XP. Either way there will be many updates for XP.

Dias de verano  was right about the Dell post. I have removed that post.  I hope that post did not mislead.

Keep working.  The reformat and installation of XP is a big job.