Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Network Issue  (Read 2870 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Wireless Network Issue
    « on: March 23, 2009, 10:15:51 AM »
    Okay I have a toshiba laptop that has wireless and I was able to get a connection without any issues and know I can see that its sending a singal but not recieveing any.  Not sure if it maleware or anything.  Suggestions?  I cleaned the machine by formatting and such so it shouldnt have anything really wrong not sure.....
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Felix

Rookie
    • Bleh!
      Re: Wireless Network Issue
      « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:27:39 AM »
      Not a lot of input to work on there... Firewall? What OS did you reinstall, not all viruses are gone just from a re-format, you might want to flash the BIOS..  :-X The more input you give me, the more I can try to help you figure out whats up with it!  ???
      One important thing to remember is that unless you are exceptionally stupid or exceptionally brilliant, few newsgroup readers will remember your name from topic to topic or from post to post. It's the post that's important, not the poster!

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:33:18 AM »
        I know, there unsecure, I'm useing the windows one.  Xp home edition, no bios flashing.  If it works I'm not going to do that, I can see others and connect to them most of the time but its just this one and thats all I can connect too. 
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Felix

Rookie
        • Bleh!
          « Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 10:37:36 AM »
          Could be a wifi driver problem, check the manufacturers specs and the latest driver installed!
          One important thing to remember is that unless you are exceptionally stupid or exceptionally brilliant, few newsgroup readers will remember your name from topic to topic or from post to post. It's the post that's important, not the poster!

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 10:54:50 AM »
            running that now but i dont think that it since I can see others and can connect.

Felix

Rookie
            • Bleh!
              « Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 03:01:55 PM »
              How long have you had the laptop? Just wondering if maybe it's one of those laptops with a wireless connect button hidden away somewhere and the years of use have eroded the words WiFi off the button.  ;D

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 03:54:57 PM »
                no it hasnt.  it is about four years old but there is a front switch to turn it on and off and such

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 10:48:27 AM »
                  I got the windows updates which may help not sure will have to try latter.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 09:24:19 AM »
                    i was able to get on for a while but still have issues.  No it has the symbol and says on and off which seem not to have faded.