Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Intresting display problem.  (Read 1687 times)

deltacipher

Topic Starter

Intresting display problem.
    « on: March 27, 2009, 08:31:17 PM »
    So anyhow, I went on the task of creating a new computer recently and after playing a game of cat and mouse with the part provider I managed to get all the components together I needed. I hooked everything up and started the computer, all the fans run , cpu is clearly getting power , etc and yet my 9600 geforce card isnt displaying any output, instead just a black screen. Does anyone know any typical problems that might do this and if so possibily howto fix them also ? This problem has me stumped.

By the way power is running to all my compenents, I fortunaty didnt misplug anything :D.

iamyourmom

Intermediate

• Blood Ravens Force Commander
      Re: Intresting display problem.
      « Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »
      Perhaps the card itself is faulty? Did you try another graphic card? and check if the display is hooked up correctly and nothing is loose.
      Please do not call your computer stupid when it breaks or lags. Computers can only do what they are programmed to. and thus, often it is the user that is stupid. GET MY DRIFT?

deltacipher

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 09:45:16 PM »
        Well, I always have used this display and it works fine, but to be sure I checked all the connections like you mentioned and nothing was missing. So then I tried replacing my graphics card with a graphics card that I know works, still nothing coming back from the computer, monitor still says theres no input. Also my motherboard has no onboard graphics so thats a flunk too. Anyone got any ideas ?

Laska

Intermediate

• Tisn't the Spring Lovely
          « Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 02:21:25 AM »
          Quite Possibly PSU What are you running there then ???
          Max Wurl Ebus Pax Eterna  A Long Life Is God's Way Of Punishing Miserable People.