Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SOund card driver problems  (Read 4045 times)

Stevoz

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

SOund card driver problems
    « on: April 08, 2009, 12:16:17 PM »
    Hey, i need help to fix my audio device ,i have the sound drivers from a cd that came with the motherboard and have downloaded other realtek ac97 drivers but nothing seems to work ...when installing i keep getting a message this software dosn't pass the windows logo test and seems to be conflicting ..when i go into device manager all the devices say there working properly (no yellow or red marks)but i cant uninstall and also says unknown location aswell as no audio device in sound options , last time these drivers worked .
    please help me !

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: SOund card driver problems
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 12:40:21 PM »
    Try following the steps on the below link. This has resolved every issue I've encountered regarding AC'97 drivers. If you need additional help with these steps let me know and I'll try to assist you in any way I can.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000660.htm
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

Stevoz

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 12:51:35 PM »
      ok thanks , i'll try and find the right chipset drivers im unable to remove anything in device manager so i hope that works  ;D

Stevoz

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 01:33:33 PM »
        hey it didn't seem to fix problem i installed all chipset drivers with out a problem off motherboard cd then tryd installing the realtek hd audio drivers and it says failed to installed ,was able to installed everything except that ..i also downloaded everest and it says theres nothing under motherboard/chipset not sure what that means it sed they installed . I'll check back on this post tommorow incase you have anymore ideas , thanks again.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Computer Hope
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 12:23:35 PM »
        In Device Manager do you have a "Sound, video and game controllers" section and if so what is under it. Also do you have any "Other devices" or any other devices with yellow exclamation marks or red X's?
        Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
        -Albert Einstein