Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Power issue. Laptop turns off?  (Read 1800 times)

MP1975

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    Power issue. Laptop turns off?
    « on: April 27, 2009, 11:07:25 PM »
    This will be kinda sketchy, sorry, just browsing through the threads and saw somethign similar. My girlfriends son's laptop , HP and running XP, just turns itself off after about an hour ?

Heres what he has to do to kep it on for long periods of time. When th ebattery level gets down to about 105 he has to charge it until it's full, then he has to take the wall plug out or it will turn itself off after about an hour. Very strange!

Any ideas on where to even start looking? The other persons issue was something he just needed to un-check. Hoping this may be that easy.

Thanks in advance,
    MP.
    Dream untill your dreams come true.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Power issue. Laptop turns off?
    « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 11:47:42 PM »
    So the computer itself turns off in an hour?

We need more information. Look here please:
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,33586.html

MP1975

Topic Starter

Apprentice
      « Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 12:05:03 AM »
      Sorry, it rang a bell so I threw it out there. But, Yes the laptop does power itself off after approx 1 hour.

I know it is an hp pavillion and I know he is running windows xp. I was using it one time when it happened and there is no error message and it can happen while using any application. 

I really threw this out there hoping it was a simple fix and more so that I will remember to get more information and follow up on it. lol You'll also see me on here asking about his sisters laptop that has a virus or something.

Thanks,
      MP.
      Dream untill your dreams come true.

KingPincer

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 04:24:13 AM »
        Looks like a hardware issue. But, as Carbon said you need to give more information about your laptop.