Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cheap "all in one" printer  (Read 1853 times)

willythecat

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Cheap "all in one" printer
    « on: June 10, 2009, 04:12:19 PM »
    At the mo, l'm using an old Lexmark Z42 which is great as l only print the odd few b/w pages now and again. I also like the fact that it only needs two print cartridges.
    Now, her indoors is demanding an "all in one printer",  but some of them seem quite expensive (can't afford a lot of dosh) and they seem to have so many gizmo's attached to them that if one thing goes wrong, bang goes the whole printer! Also, you seem to need hundreds of different print cartridges in them, so the expense must be phenomenal!
    All l want is an all in one printer (obviously) that does what it says on the box. Good print and photo quality, and with the least amount of print cartridges.
    I don't care if it's an old model, maybe even discontinued, as they will no doubt be cheaper and l'll still get the guarantee with it.
    Priced around £50 to £100, or thereabout.
    Any of you guys(gals) out there got any suggestions as to what ones to look at?
    Thanks

cyoung311

Rookie

Re: Cheap "all in one" printer
      « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 05:04:46 PM »
      I just bought one for my grand-daughter and I think it was less than $150 bucks.  HP.  She'll be taking it with her to college in the fall.  I've seen them in the $75-$100 range recently.  You can also save some bucks by having your printer ink cartridges refilled by a drug store or the like.