Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 Beta!  (Read 67641 times)

Cityscape

Adviser

• Running Debian 8, Linux Mint and Windows 10.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Windows 7 Beta!
« Reply #255 on: July 12, 2009, 11:09:52 AM »
but there's only one edition of MacOSX isn't there? There's no basic, premium and business editions as far as I see....
Well, There is:
MAC OSX 10.0
MAC OSX 10.1
MAC OSX 10.2
MAC OSX 10.3
MAC OSX 10.4
MAC OSX 10.5
MAC OSX 10.6 (comes out in Sept.)

But there is no Basic, Home, Business or something for each of them.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #256 on: July 12, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »
edition != Version
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2009, 04:54:43 PM »
In Mac, you only get one version, the one that M$ would be calling Ultimate edition.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2009, 07:07:08 PM »
In Mac, you only get one version, the one that M$ would be calling Ultimate edition.

An ultimate edition that only left-clicks? Seems a bit lacking in features.

Yes I really need to get over the single-button nature of it's mouse.

But seriously... One button... what kind of insipid pseudosoph's can even contend that a single button is better then two?

And, at least the last time I checked, they sold a 2-button mouse as a "professional" product. Because we all know, it takes at least a bachelors in an art program or a masters to comprehend the complicated mechanics involved in using two active digits. And let's not get started keeping the two apart! How do you know when to right click, when to left click! It's all so confusing!

Apple should have just used a giant touchpad on the wall, that way their users can just throw feces at it. I mean, really, if a second mouse button is "beyond" the basic grasp of the people ironically deemed professionals (if only because they paid a "professional" price), how can we even be sure they understand one button, or even that the mouses movements horizontally dictate the cursors movement along a vertical plane. It makes no sense! heck, while we're at it remove a dimension of movement, because if translating the movements from a horizontal plane to a vertical one is a difficult concept, it's only safe to assume that two dimensions are one too many for a "perfect" OS that apple claims.

Which brings me to another point- if OSX is so "perfect" why do they need to keep releasing a new version? Do the specifications for perfection keep changing, or an I missing some intrinsic rule of a "perfect OS": We never have bugs. WE're not fixing things. we're just trying to run out of names of large cats to name our OS so we can finally name it "Mac OS Badger". Tom in marketing is pressing us for this. We're working towards a utopian set of Operating Systems.

It'll be great! There will be Mac OS Toad, Mac OS Mole, Mac OS Water Rat.... Part of the Wind in the Willows suite.

OK I'm done.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:18:15 PM by BC_Programmer »
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2009, 07:43:33 PM »
I got nothin'.   ;D

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #260 on: July 13, 2009, 04:39:42 AM »
    there will never be a perfect os, when you come to realize that it will make sense.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Mulreay

« Reply #261 on: July 13, 2009, 04:52:19 AM »
    there will never be a perfect os, when you come to realize that it will make sense.

Then companies should stop advertising as such. I have a Gillette razor which was perfect 4yrs ago and they added an extra blade year by year which became the 'best blade ever' it's all a marketing strategy to the forgetful and naive.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #262 on: July 13, 2009, 05:10:13 AM »
      there will never be a perfect , when you come to realize that it will make sense.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Mulreay

« Reply #263 on: July 13, 2009, 05:24:03 AM »
      there will never be a perfect , when you come to realize that it will make sense.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but Squall don't patronize me. Even as I typed I laughed!  ;)

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #264 on: July 14, 2009, 05:13:20 AM »
        I'm completely serious an it applies to alot more then just this.