Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DVD WONT PLAY IN XP ?  (Read 7683 times)

DEE HANDSCOMB

DVD WONT PLAY IN XP ?
« on: March 20, 2004, 02:07:47 AM »
HELLO SORRY TO BOTHER YOU ALL BUT I HAVE A DVD SLOT IN MY TOWER AND USED TO PLAY DVDS TOO BUT SINCE I HAVE ADDED WIND XP UPGRADE I DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO VIEW I DONT UBDERSTAND ALL THE JARGON EITHER PLESE CAN SOME ONE HELP  REGARDS  HANDSCOMB ??? ???

MetalMilitia

Re: DVD WONT PLAY IN XP ?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 09:06:29 AM »
firstly, its considered bad to write messages all in caps. Secondly, What sort of DVD software are you using? and what do you mean by you cant 'view' them, does the DVD show up in my computer in the DVD drive or not?

CRIKEYLIKEYME

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 05:08:15 AM »
may i start by saying sorry for typing in caps i was not thinking  my apolagies
i do have dvd in my comp but it will not read the file and am now thinking may be i did somthing to it unknowingly
i am a newbie at this and dont understand many things in the comp world but am trying
i know oi have sound card and graphics card cos i used to watch dvds before installing xp upgrade i used to run windows me does this help in anyway  yours

crikeylikeyme

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 03:28:38 PM »
Crikeylikeyme,

It is likely that your DVD drive does not have the proper drivers / software for Microsoft Windows XP. As MetalMilitia was mentioning we are going to need to know what the manufacturer / model of your DVD drive is and we can then point you to where you may be able to locate software and drivers for your drive.

If you are not sure what the model / manufacturer of your DVD drive is let us know what the manufacturer / model of your computer is.

Finally, open the Microsoft Windows device manager and see if any errors yellow exclamation marks or red x's are listed, also please see if any devices are listed under the other section.

If you have any other devices and/or red x's or yellow exclamation marks also let us know what those are when you reply to this message with your DVD model/manufacturer.

Additional information and help with the device manager can be found on the below link.

http://www.computerhope.com/win95er.htm

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein