Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Media Player Burning Problems  (Read 5606 times)

lord_altan

Windows Media Player Burning Problems
« on: June 02, 2005, 07:42:48 PM »
I used to be able to burn music onto CD's from my hard drive using Windows Media Player 10. Now, while I am still able to, I can only listen to the music on a computer after aquiring a license. I'm looking to listen to these CD's on a portable audio device (discman), but it won't work. Can anyone help me with this?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Windows Media Player Burning Problems
    « Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 08:21:21 PM »
     lord_altan....  The term , I think is "pirating" ...... If you wish to find out more about this .......Check out some of the underground sites .

I realise thats not what you wanted to hear...but this is Computer Hope .

dl65  ::)  
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

lord_altan

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 08:33:47 PM »
    The music was aquired legally. Windows Media Player is an officially certified program by Microsoft. I need help, not critisizm.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 09:27:47 PM »
    Who use the media player? Use Nero or something...

[glb]Flame[/glb]
    « Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 09:27:57 PM by flame »

lord_altan

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 09:39:38 PM »
    Since the files were uploaded onto the computer using Windows Media Player, the content is automatically protected with liscences; that being the case, WMP is the only program I can use to burn.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 09:44:14 PM »
      The music was aquired legally. Windows Media Player is an officially certified program by Microsoft. I need help, not critisizm.

I'm was not offering critisizm .........If I hit a sore spot .............well.... so be it .

If you have the music dowloaded to a file , and you have paid the fee for said download you should be able to burn it onto a disk for your own use .  However if you have D/L it without paying the fee you may experience trouble in burning.

Have you tried another burning app ....for example Nero as previously suggest .

let us know

« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 09:46:02 PM by dl65 »

lord_altan

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 09:53:09 PM »
      I think there's something in WMP that needs to be turned off, or adjusted, or something.

I have tried Nero, but it says the contents are 'protected'.

Well, the weird thing is, I can burn downloaded songs onto CD's, but I can't burn actual CD's that were uploaded onto my computer.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 12:05:04 AM »
        lord_altan.... So if I understand you ........you are able to download songs to a file and then burn them to a cd ok ....however if you transfer songs from a music cd on your pc to a file and then try to burn then you cant ......do I have that right .........
        Or to put it another way ,you can rip it to your music file and it will play using WMP ......but you cant burn it ........If you check the properties you will probably find that the cd is copy protected so you will have to defeat that to be able to burn .

Check out this page .......
        http://www.dsg.cs.tcd.ie/~haahrm/copying-protected-cds/

Let us know

« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 12:29:38 AM by dl65 »