Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Drive 2 not found  (Read 3636 times)

HelpMePlz

Topic Starter

Rookie

Drive 2 not found
    « on: August 29, 2009, 02:26:53 PM »
    Hello, my mom has a desktop computer, with windows xp, service pack 3.. she is elderly and doesnt know a whole lot about computers so when I came over today I said I would take a look and see if I could find some help for her. Her computer has been freezing up on her very often since she said about a week ago , when starting up the computer we get a black screen it says Drive 2 not found, Parallel ATA , PATA - 0 (PRI IDE MASTER) Strike F1 Key to continue or F2 to run setup utility. When I hit F1 it does start up without any more errors but still running really slow. I did some of the steps in the virus section and got up to the supera anti spyware step, I did a complete scan on there and it found 188 threats, I quarentined and removed them and then rebooted when done, the black screen came up again when rebooting. So now I am here saying please help?

smeezekitty

Re: Drive 2 not found
    « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 02:30:14 PM »
    sounds like a loose connection or one of the drives is failing
    also did you check the Bios setings?

HelpMePlz

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Drive 2 not found
      « Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 05:16:18 PM »
      I do not really know much about computers, we can check the cables but what do I do with the Bios? And how?