Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: If you're trying to give yourself an education in Information Technology.....  (Read 2788 times)

aaaaaaaaaa

Topic Starter

Rookie

Where do you start?

I've been just trying to wing it for a while, but I usually just get flamed on IRC's or get responses like "lurkmoar".

So where do you start.  I was thinking of picking up some books.

Where do you begin learning, so that in the future you can build layers as your education progresses?

Mulreay

You can start here.. there are a many people with lot's of knowledge. And generally we don't rib the newbies  :D
    Welcome to Computer hope  ;)

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

Ugarte

Beginner

I 2nd the professor messer videos.  I first found the link to them on these boards, watched (most of) them, and found them to be very helpful.  I also had a large picture file that had all sorts of hardware slots/connections spliced together with their name by each one, each picture very up-close and detailed (the picture file was about 50mb!).  Can't seem to find it at the moment... hmm, hope I didn't lose it.  I think I got that either on these boards or Rage3d.

lectrocrew

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • My first self-built computer
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      I 2nd the professor messer videos.  I first found the link to them on these boards, watched (most of) them, and found them to be very helpful. 
      I 3rd  :)

aaaaaaaaaa

Topic Starter

Rookie

Much obliged.

Edit:  Professor Messer does a really good job with this stuff.
        « Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 01:20:32 PM by aaaaaaaaaa »