Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Retro-compatability  (Read 2390 times)

declan_davis

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Retro-compatability
    « on: August 30, 2009, 11:09:18 AM »
    I've got the city building game "Zeus: Master of Olympus" on Sold Out Software (they re-release very popular old titles).

There's an expansion back "Poseidon: Master of Atlantis" which I'd really love to get (it has new buildings, new missions and, best of all: a mission editor). This expansion back hasn't been released by Sold Out Software, so only the original Sierra versions from years ago are on sale. I've bought a new laptop with Windows Vista, and of course this wasn't invented back then.

My copy of Zeus says that it works on Windows 95/98/Me/XP, but I've just installed it and played it on my new Vista laptop; no problem! I've managed to find a bundled copy of Zeus and Poseidon on Ebay, and it says that it runs on Windows 95/98/Me/XP too. (It won't mention Vista because Vista didn't exist when the product was made).

* If Zeus ran on Vista, then would the expansion pack Poseidon run on Vista?

* If Poseidon didn't run, then would there be a Vista compatability patch that I could download?

* If all else fails, then does anyone know where I could get a mission editor for Zeus?

Mulreay

Re: Retro-compatability
    « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 06:29:18 PM »
    Please don't double post  ;)

smeezekitty

Re: Retro-compatability
    « Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 11:36:04 PM »
    alsmot evreything for XP will work on vista
    dont worry about it