Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Sound Still  (Read 5875 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

No Sound Still
    « on: August 31, 2009, 01:30:17 PM »
    Wasnt sure where too put this cause it orginally worked.  I went too there site an got the driver for it an I think that we probably have a copy but it still wont play anything.  speakers work an I tried ear phones cant figure out why?  Its been like that for a good while, dell dimension 4100.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: No Sound Still
      « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 09:02:21 AM »
      any ideas at all?  :(
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 01:44:18 PM »
        Any at all its been well over a month.  If nothing else I suppose to contact them which I forget that I can possibly do :-\

Quantos

Guru
        • Veni, Vidi, Vici
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 05:25:35 PM »
        Any at all its been well over a month.  If nothing else I suppose to contact them which I forget that I can possibly do :-\

It has not been a month since this topic was opened.  Put down the pipe and step away from it.
        Evil is an exact science.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »
        try double-clicking.
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 12:45:37 AM »
          what?  The post isnt that old but thats how long I have been faceing the issue here at best

mroilfield

Mentor
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 02:33:38 AM »
          I went too there site an got the driver for it an I think that we probably have a copy but it still wont play anything.

Ok exactly what site did you go to and what drivers did you get?

By now you should know what kind of info is needed.

Before you reply saying that all the info is in another thread let me go ahead and stop you by saying no one here (with the exception of maybe Smezekitty) is going to go back thru your older post to help you with this one so either keep it all in the same post or add the relevant information to this one.
          You can't fix Stupid!!!

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 06:14:11 AM »
            I dont think I even have one.  Its a dell dimension 4100, 2k + sp 4/  Dells site

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 07:45:09 AM »
            Travel to Dell's site and enter the Service Tag # from the back of the machine...
            All your drivers will then be listed...

" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 10:21:33 AM »
              which is what I have done

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              « Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 10:28:52 AM »
              which is what I have done

And ? ?

Dell's are finicky about Drivers...you should be using ONLY Dell drivers if in fact that machine is a Dell...

Or is it a machine you used to install XP with a Dell OEM CD ? ?
              That would explain the predicament...

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 10:31:15 AM »
                no it has 2k, I am thats the thing

Allan

• Mastermind
                • Experience: Guru
                « Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 10:32:23 AM »
                And ? ?

Dell's are finicky about Drivers...you should be using ONLY Dell drivers if in fact that machine is a Dell...

I have to disagree with that Patio. I have a dozen Dell computers currently between home & work (and have been using Dell Systems for more than 15 years) and I always update the drivers from the OEM web sites. The only things I download from Dell are bios updates.

However, in this case I do agree that's where he should start.

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                « Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 10:35:30 AM »
                It has not been a month since this topic was opened.  Put down the pipe and step away from it.

See Quantos...you failed to remember you need to live in his world to know the timeline of things...
                I thought you were up to speed on this.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 10:52:05 AM »
                  Its just that I recently asked is all but I ment overall