Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i cant uninstall anything  (Read 1924 times)

shashgo

Topic Starter

Apprentice

i cant uninstall anything
    « on: September 17, 2009, 01:02:28 PM »
    Computer is a hp pavilion a420n.  I cannot access the internet with it, wired and wireless.  I can access it from other computers.  Anyway, I read on the net that norton antivirus might be causing the problem, so I tried to uninstall it.  Couldnt.  Then I tried to uninstall some toolbars.  Couldnt. 

Why is this happening and how me fix

I was thinking that if I do a restore or a repair or whatever from the partition that is on the computer, will Ithe applications that are on the computer stay or will they get wiped out?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: i cant uninstall anything
    « Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 02:03:55 PM »
    1) If you do a repair install it will not effect any installed programs.
    2) Norton Anti Virus would not effect your ability to log on to the internet. Do NOT run your system without an anti virus utility resident.

prosportal

Beginner

Re: i cant uninstall anything
      « Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 03:00:57 PM »
      Here are the majority of the steps you can try.

1) Try a system restore?

2) If you're wanting to uninstall Norton, download their cleanwipe program. http://gluek.info/wiki/en/software/symantec-cleanwipe#download-cleanwipe .

3) Start>Run>Services.msc> Disable Windows Firewall

4)Also, if you're able to access computers on your local network, but not the WWW, check that your LAN Settings within your internet options is set to automatically detect, or that your DNS settings are configured correctly in your local area connection adapter.