Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with my modem  (Read 1736 times)

Starbreeze

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Problem with my modem
    « on: September 21, 2009, 04:50:33 AM »
    I'm not sure if this goes here.
    Basically, I was having some problems with my computer, and was told that the best (and fastest) way of fixing the problems was to do a full system recovery.
    That turned out to be a very bad idea because it created many problems, and fixed none.
    I have done a full system recovery a few times before, and it never did anything like what it did now.
    One of the many problems that I am having is that the lights on my modem do not shut off when the computer is off.  They used to.
    I contacted my ISP about this, but the person who answered didn't seem to know what he was talking about, and said that if the lights bothered me to unplug the modem.
    It doesn't bother me.
    I just want to know if this is dangerous at all, and how to turn it off.
    ~*sulum somnium est viaticus absentis *~

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Problem with my modem
    « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 05:34:50 AM »
    If the modem is not connected to a power strip (and it should NOT be) then there should be some lights on all the time. You are simply mistaken when you say the lights used to go out.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Problem with my modem
    « Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 08:04:45 AM »
    Perhaps it was plugged into the power outlet on the back of the PSU...this would explain why it used to go off when the PC was powered down...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "