Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Battlefield 2  (Read 43654 times)

colonel_sanders

Re: Battlefield 2
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2005, 11:16:09 AM »
Ive seen a couple of people that did buy it for the single,
Personaly i like the single player games like COD and Medal of Honor, the ones that actualy have a story line and missions to follow

colonel_sanders

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2005, 03:38:23 PM »
A new patch has been released for BF2
Go here, and it is in bold lettering just below the 2 screen shots, it says "battlefield 2 patch released!" then it has a bunch of mirors
http://www.totalbf2.com/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 03:40:31 PM by colonel_sanders »

Raptor

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2005, 05:44:50 AM »
This one's for Joleen:

Increasing Singleplayer Bots

To increase the number of bots used in singleplayer mode, go to your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\AI directory and open the file aidefault.ai with Notepad or Wordpad (make sure to create a backup copy of it first). Read the instructions in the file which basically involves placing the word REM in front of each of the first 5 lines starting with 'aiSettings.set', then removing the REM's in front of the next 4 lines starting with 'aiSettings.set'. Change the number at the end of the aiSettings.setMaxNBots 32 line to determine the number of bots to use (e.g. aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64 for 64 bots). Note that more bots can really stress your system and hence destabilize it, causing a crash back to desktop - particularly for those with older CPUs. For example, 64 bots on most systems will cause a crash.

colonel_sanders

« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2005, 01:28:07 PM »
BTW, the get all unlocks in single player doesnt work unless you do what i said before you download the patch

Raptor

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2005, 03:20:20 PM »
How do you unlock weapons online?

colonel_sanders

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2005, 05:34:45 PM »
1st one comes at lance corporal-1500 points, fairly easy to get the first
2nd one comes at corporal- 11,000 points, hard to get
3rd one comes at some rank i dont know name of- around 25,000 points

Raptor

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2005, 04:54:05 AM »
For each soldier class?

I probably need to play on ranked servers for that.. I do not want to yet, since I can't hit the broad side of a barn. I only rack up many points because I'm a teamplayer.  :P

mastersquirrel

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2005, 08:31:19 AM »
I have a question about Battlefield 2.  I have a pretty good laptop that is able to run Battlefield 2 on the lowest settings fairly well.  However, sometimes I get button lag where I'll tell my guy to stop running but he'll keep going.

Now someone told me that you can have the screen shrink to where the computer will run faster and that will take care of the problem.  However, he didn't know how to do it.  Do you guys know how to do that?  I'd greatly appreciate any help.

I have no idea whos doing it is, i just wonder, what if your connection sucks and you have like dial up or no connection at all, are you still able to play single? because it has to connect to database everytime, its just a stupid idea to put this verification thing in

The only time you need to use a password is on the online account.  You can create a single-player account on Battlefield 2 that doesn't require you to have an internet connection at all to play single player.

Another question.  To unlock the weapons in singleplayer, what program do you need to open and edit the unlocks.py file?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 08:37:57 AM by mastersquirrel »

Raptor

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2005, 10:50:40 AM »
Now someone told me that you can have the screen shrink to where the computer will run faster and that will take care of the problem.  However, he didn't know how to do it.  Do you guys know how to do that?  I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Screen shrink? You can adjust the resolution, but there is no other way of making the screen shrink

Unless you meant windowed mode, which occurs when pressing Alt + Enter. However, the game may stop responding or it may not respond to the command at all.

Another question.  To unlock the weapons in singleplayer, what program do you need to open and edit the unlocks.py file?

Most likely Notepad.

mastersquirrel

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2005, 11:03:07 AM »
Screen shrink? You can adjust the resolution, but there is no other way of making the screen shrink  

Sorry, I didn't know what it was called.  Anyway, the Alt-Enter didn't work.  And I figured out the Wordpad thing, but I've already installed the patch.

Anyway, do you have any other ideas on how to make the game run better?  Also, if I were to play on-line with a good internet connection, would the game likely play faster, slower, or the same?  Sorry if this is a stupid question.  ???

colonel_sanders

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2005, 12:01:10 PM »

You open it up in note book, then edit the thing i said, it wont work if youve already downloaded the patch

Raptor

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2005, 01:07:59 PM »
Anyway, do you have any other ideas on how to make the game run better?  Also, if I were to play on-line with a good internet connection, would the game likely play faster, slower, or the same?  Sorry if this is a stupid question.

You may also wish to disable shadows and dynamic shadows as these require a lot of processing power.

If you have a good Internet connection then online play will be faster since your computer does not have to load and use the bots. However, more than 16 players or a 32/64 player map may cause performance degration as well.

Post the complete laptop specifications you have for comparisment.

mastersquirrel

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2005, 11:11:26 AM »
You open it up in note book, then edit the thing i said, it wont work if youve already downloaded the patch

There are 2 of these bracketed groups in the code: [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1].  Do you mean to change both of them?

I've already disabled shadows and dynamic shadows, actually everything was automatically set for the lowest settings when I brought it up the first time.  As for the online question I was able to get on with a really good conection last night and I had tremendous lag problems.  Although that might be because it was a 64 player map.  I'll have to try it on a 16 player map sometime.

Thanks for all your help.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 11:11:47 AM by mastersquirrel »

colonel_sanders

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2005, 12:33:16 PM »
change the first one

Raptor

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2005, 06:13:36 AM »
So far, I have found the following bugs in 1.1 :

1. Newbies
2. TKers
3. Idiots
4. When using the Apache or Chinese/MEC chopper you can switch weapons with the right mouse button (if board gunner), however it quickly flashes back and forth giving me an epileptic seizure every time I fly the chopper
5. Heatseaking missiles, from time to time, lock on to friendly choppers with a high pitch noise as opposed to no noise and a negative mark on the chopper. Resulting in angry team mates.
6. I sometimes get run over by my own buggy when I get out and its only slightly moving. This is just plain lame and manages to piss me off every time

Well, so far I haven't found any more bugs. But those 6 need fixing. Perhaps if we genetically engineer the human race, we can easily rule out the first three.