Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Constantly being asked ID and PWord to connect outlook to server  (Read 5065 times)

marc111

Using Sony laptop VGNFW340, Vista family edition, windows XP outlook (not express). I am receiving a message in a box asking for my ID and password every time I try to retrieve my messages.  I enter the information, it does not connect and keeps returning the same request. The ID, Paswords my email account information are correct because this problem comes and goes and it worked fine for the last few weeks. It is not a network problem because I can access the Internet with Explorer. Sometimes if patient it will finally work but it now as been 2 days and after many tries I still can't have access to the server. I called the service provider BELL Canada many times and they believe its an outlook problem on my side. The laptop is new and the same problem occurred with my previous laptop, using the same outlook software. Can anyone help, thank you in advance