Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bluetooth question  (Read 2105 times)

carlrowley1

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• liverpool fc
    Bluetooth question
    « on: October 30, 2009, 04:33:48 PM »
    I have just installed a bluetooth adapter, and i have just added a few bluetooth devices, which where mobile phones.

I was doing this through control panel > bluetooth devices > add new device, and using a standard account
    But what is the difference in doing it through Network and sharing center > set up a connection or network.

I'am a bit lost, when it says "to add blue tooth devices for other uses use control panel > bluetooth devices.

Why carn't the other uses just add the device themselves using control panel, like i have just done.
    I added two devices through control panel, and one through "network and sharing center"
    But i don't know what the difference is.

Windows vista home premium
    windowsXP professional sp3, Ram 512 , 1.30 gigahertz AMD Athlon, Maxtor 4r080L0 hard drive.

Laptop Toshiba.  L300/L300D series/windows vista home premium/
    2gb ram/32 bit/

Windows 7 / home premium / 64 bit /3gb system ram /

computer_love

Rookie

Re: Bluetooth question
      « Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 01:38:08 AM »
      I want to ask you a question. For waht purposes you are connecting your phone to your computer? If you do that for browsing the web or for displaying your phone items, why you didn't use the program that come in a CD with your phone? Like Nokia PC Suite which comes with Nokia phones.

carlrowley1

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• liverpool fc
        Re: Bluetooth question
        « Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 02:30:56 AM »
        I want to ask you a question. For waht purposes you are connecting your phone to your computer? If you do that for browsing the web or for displaying your phone items, why you didn't use the program that come in a CD with your phone? Like Nokia PC Suite which comes with Nokia phones.

I have just installed a bluetooth adapter, and i have just added a few bluetooth devices, which where mobile phones.

To send picture , music files, etc....to the computer via bluetooth.
        Not just my phone i have quite a few member's of the family, who have added there phone's as devices also

Its just alot quicker if you are sending the odd couple of files, and even better if you want picture's that are on you freinds phones on your computer instantly

windowsXP professional sp3, Ram 512 , 1.30 gigahertz AMD Athlon, Maxtor 4r080L0 hard drive.

Laptop Toshiba.  L300/L300D series/windows vista home premium/
        2gb ram/32 bit/

Windows 7 / home premium / 64 bit /3gb system ram /