Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 10850 times)

jasonbondy

Topic Starter

Rookie

Introduction
    « on: October 27, 2009, 01:08:08 AM »
    Hello,

I'm Jason.  I live in Oklahoma and work in a museum.  I also take photos, do live sound and recording, and am working towards a degree in Information Assurance and Digital Forensics from Oklahoma State University.

My most recent computer is basically an old case with new parts.  A friend gave me this 36" tall server tower when his PS went out.  He took the hard drive out and told me to take the rest of it.  Well, when I replaced the PS and hard drive, the old dual-Celeron board that was in it was only seeing one processor.  I tried to use it like that for a while, but wasn't working out (533MHz!) 

I love this giant case though, so I recently upgraded it with a Gigabyte G31M-ES2L motherboard and and Intel E7400 processor.  Also bought a Zotac GeForce 9500 video card, but haven't installed it yet.

My very first complete build was about five years ago for my dad.  It is still running great to this day, although I need to convince him to let me swap out the hard drives. 

That's my introduction.  If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Jason

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Introduction
    « Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 07:33:12 AM »
    Welcome Aboard ! !
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 12:52:24 AM »
    Sounds like a great setup. I've got your profile SBCC icon added to your profile. Welcome.
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

jasonbondy

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 11:41:53 PM »
      Thanks!