Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: networking - wifi netwwork  (Read 2200 times)

ghostrider

Topic Starter

networking - wifi netwwork
    « on: November 29, 2009, 07:31:51 PM »
    Hi everyone. I am using a wireless wifi network to acces the interenet. We have 3 laptops at home, each of a different user. But we have got a download limit of 20GB per month from the ISP. So I want to know that in my home network how can i find out which laptop or user has downloaded how many GB of data till date or per day.

Gremlin

Beginner

Re: networking - wifi netwwork
      « Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 09:14:41 PM »
      You could install a counter that measures and records usage on each machine although theres probly a log of each persons activity if you know where to look...Try researching on Google or wait for one of the more skilled users to give you specifics.
      Theres lots of free usage meters on the net. Again have a look on google for one.
      You might also be able to track it through your ISP.

ghostrider

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 04:22:24 PM »
        HI. Thanks for taking some time to reply me. But the problem is far more deeper than it looks. Actually i dont have a control over the rest of the laptops and so i cant manually install on them unless its a backdoor trojan(just kidding.) And i wana monitor who is the one who downloads more coz every month our download limit is reached far more earlier than it is supposed to be. So i need to find out if theres a software which i can install on my laptop and monitor every other laptop's internet activity. Again, this isnt with any bad intention, I dont wana spy or anything on them, just wana find out who is the culprit of downloading.

Lyniaer

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 02:33:56 AM »
          Your ISP is a bunch of Haters.  Da loco 20Gigs a month!

mroilfield

Mentor
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 02:59:03 AM »
          Your ISP is a bunch of Haters.  Da loco 20Gigs a month!

Disregard this useless remark.

Have you spoken to your ISP or even the other people in your house about the usage?
          You can't fix Stupid!!!