Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can I create a custom WindowsColor Scheme- Win Vista  (Read 4141 times)

10twenty

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
How can I create a custom WindowsColor Scheme- Win Vista
« on: December 29, 2009, 02:26:06 AM »
I've been trying without any success for weeks trying to change My windows color scheme to a very specific and unique color unattainable in "windows color and appearance" in the "personalization" window.
I somehow did I once a long time ago but did not save the tutorial because I wasn't expecting to ever do that again (I took about 50 hours of tedious setting changes to do that- about 100 steps that must be done in a very specific order, one error and it must be again from the beginning) My roommate did the high contrast prank on me and rest the windows colors to default again. I have been unable to find that tutorial, I'm hoping someone here can tell me how to do this again.

For some reason I cannot create my own color scheme in Vista, like how I could in Windows XP. the only thing I can change from the appearance settings (personalization->windows color and appearance->aero->advanced appearance) is fonts used by windows no matter what color of the windows I select in that windows it isn't applied in vista. Its very frustrating and the settings I attempted cannot be saved from the window. Is there away to either save my settings that I create (there isn't a save button) or some kind of workaround?

-thanks

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: How can I create a custom WindowsColor Scheme- Win Vista
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 08:25:06 AM »
Control Panel->Appearance:

click "show color mixer"...

Use the controls to change window color.

if the Color mixer is not available, update to SP1 or SP2.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.