Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: all games exit when i play  (Read 10196 times)

erik smith

Re: all games exit when i play
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 06:11:26 PM »
oh i have 2 120 mm fans, and 2 80 mm fans...dont know what else you could mean....im positive i have all the updated drivers and i downloaded memtest and let it run when i was at work one night it went thru 17 times with no errors...and ive been watching the heat on all my components when this happens...it doesnt get about 65 degrees celcius...and my graphics card doesnt shut off til 135 degrees celcius...  then i found thermal throttleing in my bios and disabled it.. i played musical chairs with my ram also and found out it doesnt cut off with just 1 stick of ram...but if i put both in it will mess up. so i emailed kingston and well see what they say after the holiday...i think i have it down to somthing to do with my ram or my ram slot on my motherboard might be messed up...

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 06:16:59 PM »
    By swapping ram sticks & ram slots around you should be able to determine if the problem is with a ram stick or a slot.
    Hope this helps.

Raptor

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2005, 06:22:13 AM »
    Thermal Throttling should not be disabeled.

what shuts down at 60 degrees Celcius? Your videocard or processor?

erik smith

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2005, 03:18:03 PM »
    thx for all your help i ended up calling kingston and they had to help me change stuff in my bios to support the hyper-ex ram.  any wya just saying thx for helping.