Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What should I back up  (Read 2122 times)

tangerine588

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

What should I back up
    « on: February 06, 2010, 05:41:33 AM »
    What types of data would I include in a simple sytem backup of a typical home and business computer system.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: What should I back up
    « Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 05:53:29 AM »
    Often with most users they simply need to backup the files in the "My Documents" folder, this often will contain your document files, music files, video files, and other personal data. Try the below Mozy program, it'll actually select the common things you need to backup and back them up to their server so it's securely offsite and it's a free 2GB.

http://mozy.com/home/free
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

tangerine588

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 06:09:07 AM »
      Thanks!!!

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 07:31:27 AM »
      In addition - it is my considered opinion that EVERYONE should use disk imaging software on a regular basis. If you create an image of your drive (or at least your system partition) you will be able to recover from almost any computer crisis with little or no pain & suffering. The image(s) can be saved to off-disk media or a second hard drive (the latter being the easiest and most convenient). I create 2 or 3 images a week, keeping the two most recent. In addition to the best of breed Acronis True Image, which is not free, there are a number of excellent free Disk Imaging Software options. In my opinion there is no reason or excuse for everyone not to use one.