Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 3-User $26.95 today only  (Read 6762 times)

Allan

Topic Starter

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 3-User $26.95 today only
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 09:35:05 AM »
I don't see a one-day limitation on that offer.  Am I missing it?

Allan

Topic Starter

• Mastermind

soybean

Genius
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 09:47:24 AM »
Well, that shows me it's a "Gold Box" "Deal of the Day", but I still skeptical that it's a special one-day offer.  If it were that, I think amazon would say something on http://www.amazon.com/Kaspersky-Internet-Security-2010-3-User/dp/B002I0HJRM indicating the one-day offer.  My impression is that Amazon's "Gold Box" feature is just a way of highlighting a certain product every day, but it does not necessarily mean that the price shown ends that day.  But, I could be wrong; I'm not familiar with the "Gold Box" feature.  This will be easy to verify.  We can just look tomorrow and see whether the price has increased.

It does seem like a good deal, with free shipping.  No need to shop further for those interested in this fine product.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 09:53:43 AM »
This product is going cheap all over the web. Available for as low as 22 UKP in 60 UK locations.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 10:01:54 AM »
Good price, this is the latest AV I've been running and testing on my main machine. Overall I've enjoyed it however does seem to give a lot of false positives.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Salmon Trout

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 10:06:07 AM »
Good price, this is the latest AV I've been running and testing on my main machine. Overall I've enjoyed it however does seem to give a lot of false positives.

Are AV products to be enjoyed? I use Avira Antivir Free and I haven't got any viruses, as far as I know. It's got a pretty red and white systray icon.

soybean

Genius
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 10:06:24 AM »
This product is going cheap all over the web. Available for as low as 22 UKP in 60 UK locations.
22.00 GBP = 34.4036 USD.  newegg.com has it priced at $36.99, plus $1.99 Std. Shipping.  So, the Amazon price seems great.  I'm still wondering whether it's just for one day.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 10:11:31 AM »
Are AV products to be enjoyed? I use Avira Antivir Free and I haven't got any viruses, as far as I know. It's got a pretty red and white systray icon.

Run many of the different versions of Symantec and McAfee and tell me if you enjoy it. ;)
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Salmon Trout

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 10:14:42 AM »
I am not convinced that I need to pay for antivirus.

Allan

Topic Starter

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 10:15:04 AM »
Amazon Gold Box deals are absolutely, positively one day deals.

I've been using Kaspersky for about 5 years on all my systems and am delighted with it (though I use KAV, not KIS). Highly recommended. They update their definitions several times a day and all future product releases are free. You pay for annual subscriptions only. For many years I was a Norton bigot, but not long after Peter sold to Symantec I became a bit disillusioned with the product (primarily the widely recognized "bloat"). I still think Norton produces a solid AV product, but Kaspersky remains my absolute first choice. And their support forum is outstanding.

Allan

Topic Starter

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 10:16:20 AM »
I am not convinced that I need to pay for antivirus.
That's absolutely, positively a user's right ;). Personally, I'm a great believer that you get what you pay for and I've always believed that system protection is something on which I will not skimp.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 10:20:51 AM »
I've had great success with free AV's and usually always recommend them. I just happen to be running Kaspersky since it's in my rotation of AV programs. Usually run an AV for a few months then go to another in hopes of learning something new. :)
-Albert Einstein

Allan

Topic Starter

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 10:23:48 AM »
I've had great success with free AV's and usually always recommend them. I just happen to be running Kaspersky since it's in my rotation of AV programs. Usually run an AV for a few months then go to another in hopes of learning something new. :)
Yes, but I'll bet a lot of money you also do everything else correctly and always practice "smart computing". However, I understand that not everybody can or will pay for an anti virus utility and there certainly are some free products that are well regarded and reviewed.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 10:30:14 AM »
In the US, Frys were doing it for $35.00 with a $25.00 rebate in November. Look around.