Updated: 05/21/2018 by Computer Hope

Rag or ragged is a term used to describe text that is unformatted, uneven, or not aligned along the left or right side of the page. Most paragraphs of text (like this one) in the English language have a flush left alignment with a ragged right edge. If the text were right-aligned, it would have a flush right alignment with a ragged left edge.


If the text was using the justify alignment, it would have no ragged edge on the right or left side.

Alignment, Justify, Left align, Right align, Word processor terms