Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Charley S. Kline
- Consultant on Internet technologies, software patents, business strategies and network security.
- Angel investor and advisor for startup companies.
- Senior technologist and product line manager at Cisco Systems.
- Previously he worked with Vint Cerf, Steve Crocker, Jon Postel and Len Kleinrock on the development of the ARPANET and Internet.
- Sent test transmissions between the computer at UCLA and the first Interface Message Processor (IMP) to develop the earliest protocols (1969).
- Attempted to remotely access the Stanford Research Institute (SRI) computer and sent the first letters of the word 'LOGIN' setting off computer networking (1969).
"I was 21 and a programmer who liked to program all hours of the day and night."