Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Ramon Llull
Born: c. 1232 in City of Mallorca (now Palma), Kingdom of Majorca
Death: c. 1315 (Age: 83)
- Writer, poet, theologian, mystic, mathematician, logician, and martyr.
- Often referred to as a pioneer of computation theory.
- Pioneered work in election theory.
- The Book of the Lover and the Beloved.
- Blanquerna (1283).
- Desconort (on the superiority of reason).
- Liber de Lumine (The Book of Light).
Honors and awards
- Beatified in 1857 by Pope Pius IX and his feast day was assigned to 30 June and is celebrated by the Third Order of St. Francis.