Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Susan T. Dumais
- Principal Researcher in the Context, Learning, and User Experience for Search (CLUES) Group of Microsoft Research.
- Affiliate Professor at the University of Washington Information School.
- Interested in algorithms and interfaces for improved information retrieval, as well as general issues in human-computer interaction.
- While at Microsoft she worked on personal information management, question answering, web search, text categorization, information retrieval, and user/task modeling.
- Handbook of Applied Cognition (2007).
Honors and awards
- Inducted to the National Academy of Engineering (2011).
- Gerard Salton Award (2009).
- Inducted as a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery (2006).