I've lost my unique identification number can you give me one?
Tip: This document is for any lost certificate of authenticity (COA), Product Key, CD-KEY, serial number, or any other unique identification number and not for CD-KEYs or unique identification numbers that don't work.
Computer Hope does not have the capability of giving users new Certificate of Authenticity, Product Identification numbers, CD-KEYS, serial numbers, or any other unique identification number. Follow the steps below for obtaining a new unique number.
If your computer included Microsoft Windows, the Product key should be found on one of the sides of the computer and resemble a sticker similar to the example below. On a desktop computer, this sticker is usually on the side or back of the computer. Laptop computers will almost always have this sticker on the bottom of the computer.
If you still cannot find the product number and your computer came with Microsoft Windows, contact your computer manufacturer to purchase a new number. If you purchased Windows from the store, contact Microsoft to purchase or obtain a new identification number. We cannot supply you with a new number.
Tip: If you are able to provide Microsoft with the part number of the Windows CD you can get a new number over the phone from Microsoft.
Computer Hope cannot provide any product key, CD-KEY, serial number, or other unique identification to any user. If you have lost your CD-KEY, serial number, or other unique identification number for your software program, we suggest you contact the developer of your program.
- It's illegal. If caught could result in a fine.
- Keygens, programs, and other downloads that claim to have the unique numbers for programs on the Internet are often packed with spyware and other malware.
- Giving your CD-KEY number may prevent you from logging onto Internet games, as only one CD-KEY is allowed per user.
- May prevent you from obtaining updates to the software that may fix issues with your program.
- More than one CD-KEY number on a network may prevent you from running the program.