Error loading operating system after Windows XP setup
Error loading operating system after Windows XP setup.
This issue is caused by any of the below reasons.
- The computer's BIOS does not support the computer hard drive's size or settings.
- Computer Hard drive is not properly setup in CMOS.
- Issue with drive's partitions.
The computer's BIOS does not support the computer hard drive's size or settings
This issue is often caused when the BIOS does not properly detect the hard drive. To resolve this issue, update the computer motherboard's BIOS.
Computer Hard drive is not properly setup in CMOS
Verify that the computer's hard drive is properly setup in CMOS setup.
Once in CMOS, verify the below hard drive settings.
- Verify the hard drive is detected.
- Try changing the "Access mode" on the hard drive to Large or LBA. This setting may vary depending on the BIOS.
Issue with drive's partitions
This issue can be cause if the disk drives are not properly setup or have been changed by another program, such as a utility that comes with a Linux distribution. To resolve this issue, delete and recreate all the partitions before running the Windows XP setup.