Missing Windows Desktop Recycle Bin icon
If you are missing the Windows Recycling Bin icon on the Desktop and want to restore this icon follow the steps below.
Microsoft Windows Vista and 7 users
- Right-click on the Desktop.
- Click Personalize.
- In the Personalize appearance and sounds window click the Change desktop icons link on the left-hand side.
- Check the Recycle Bin box.
Microsoft Windows XP users
- Download and install Windows TweakUI.
- Open TweakUI and click Desktop as shown in the picture.
- In the Desktop section check the Recycle Bin box
- Click Ok.