Missing Windows desktop Recycle Bin icon
If you're missing the Windows Recycling Bin icon on the desktop and wish restore this icon follow the below steps.
Microsoft Windows Vista and 7 users
- Right-click on the Desktop.
- Click Personalize.
- In the Personalize appearance and sounds window click the Change desktop icons link on the left-hand side.
- Check the Recycle Bin box.
Microsoft Windows XP users
- Download and install Windows TweakUI.
- Open TweakUI and click Desktop as shown in the picture to the right.
- In the Desktop section check the Recycle Bin box
- Click Ok.