Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hate  (Read 7068 times)

Treval

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Hate
    « on: April 14, 2010, 02:11:16 PM »
    Just would like to say I hate programming because:

- I have to go ask help to programmers which are in general, well, **** (cussword not allowed).
    - IRC is full off ******** who don't respect you and who refuse to help you because they are so elite and because I ask such 'stupid' questions

*censored* egotrippers.

Anyway

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Hate
    « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 02:16:08 PM »
    And the point of this is what?
    Evil is an exact science.

Treval

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 02:17:08 PM »
      It's a privilege to write in these forums, not a right.
      Be rude and you will lose that privilege.

If you don't want to submit a comment, then don't.

Quantos

Guru
      • Veni, Vidi, Vici
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 02:59:12 PM »
      This one's just for you.

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]
      Evil is an exact science.

Treval

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 03:00:54 PM »
        404 not found.

JJ 3000

Egghead
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »
        Just would like to say I hate programming because:

- I have to go ask help to programmers which are in general, well, **** (cussword not allowed).
        - IRC is full off ******** who don't respect you and who refuse to help you because they are so elite and because I ask such 'stupid' questions

*censored* egotrippers.

Anyway

Well...
        If you don't like doing that, then I would suggest that you buy some books. Better yet, take some classes.

Good luck!
        Save a Life!
        Adopt a homeless pet.
        http://www.petfinder.com/

Treval

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 03:17:23 PM »
          JJ, I've already studied 5,5 years of programming and my closet is filled with fat 600 page books on programming from top to bottom.

I'll just review them. =)
          Problem is time. ^^
          Yes, time.

Have to make a game and 2 months left.
          Huge stress.

Got to make analysis charts, plan stuff, make OO classes, qsmkfdjqsmldfjqlkmsjfskljf.

k.

Actually, to help you understand my frustration, let me just illustrate this:

Imagine if you had any question or problem with your studies and everyone you asked,
          co-students included, tells you to go f* yourself and that you ask dumb questions.
          How would you feel, all alone, frustrated on your heaps of debugging errors?

Yeah.

JJ 3000

Egghead
          « Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 03:25:56 PM »
          Imagine if you had any question or problem with your studies and everyone you asked,
          co-students included, tells you to go f* yourself and that you ask dumb questions.

Even your teachers?
          What school is that?
          Save a Life!
          Adopt a homeless pet.
          http://www.petfinder.com/

Treval

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 03:34:21 PM »
            Well, the professors generally don't answer to my questions on the college forums.
            I was lucky once, last year, a prof who was really interested in what he taught.
            He even wrote a book on programming.
            He answered most of my questions.

This happens in some colleges.
            You post on the forum, you wait. No one answers, no one cares.
            Well, the profs generally don't have the patience to go figure out some debugging that you should do in the end. rofl...
            Also the co-students: very selfish. Ever been in a all-math-people class? Those are some real arrogant ego-people.
            I'm also referring to IRC.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
              • Yes
              • Yes
            « Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 03:49:42 PM »
            Well, the professors generally don't answer to my questions on the college forums.

Well, the profs generally don't have the patience time to go figure out some debugging that you should do in the end. rofl...
            You really take your teahers for granted, don't you? How many students do you think your teachers have daily? I am in highschool, where I bet they have smaller classes than yours, my teachers have about 100-120 students. So, think about how long it would take to mark all that homework? Teachers don't often have free time, be thankful some take the time to assist a few people with their issues. And if someone has an obvious issue, it takes ten seconds (or less) to type out:
            Your program has issues at lines 1, 27, and 35.
            Where's MagicSpeed?
            Quote from: 'matt'
            He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

Treval

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 04:13:52 PM »
              Programming is not that easy. It often involves deep rooted, sequential, layered logical errors. Especially in big programs. =P

EEVIAC

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 04:28:34 PM »
              Treval, you seem to be tied up in many languages.  How about sticking to just one for a while, like the one you're writing your assignment in.  When you have free time, continue expanding your knowledge of only one. 

If it bothers you that much, as it seems to be indicated in other threads you've posted, then it's not worth it..  This topic was named, "HATE", for crying outloud..

Treval

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 04:56:30 PM »
                Rofl. Yeah.
                I'm sticking to one language though.. which is C# and the XNA Framework.
                It's just frustrating that one has to deal with his own problems of programming.

You know what, the guys over at medicine (the doctors, yeah) they are the luckiest.
                If you see their discussion boards, it's filled with information and essays and everything,
                of thousands of contributing students. I just happen to be in the 'asocial outcasts' sector. Rofl.

I'm just frustrated also because I've forgotten like 90% of C# which is a painnnnnnnnn
                and I have to master a new framework in a very short amount of time (2 months left).
                I'm going crazy every day (ok not every day lol).

Anyway, I guess I'll just start reading my book again and read up on as much info as I possibly can.
                There's a lot of hard work ahead..
                (Also frustrating is working on something as simple as a self-made dialog box system (yeah it's harder than it sounds) and being stuck on it for an entire week (which is pretty much untolerable for project progress)).

I'm gonna do my best!!!

lol.

EEVIAC

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 04:58:55 PM »

I've forgotten like 90% of C# which is a painnnnnnnnn

Because your trying to learn too many things..    cut back

When I learn, I stick to a schedule, although I deviate from that schedule at times, because my curiosity cannot resist..   So far in my experience with computers, I've stuck with the things I consider the highest priority.  Like Windows for instance.  It's the dominant operating system in the world, and the one I'm most likely to encounter when helping someone.  I've chosen to put off Linux/MAC until I have a solid understanding of Windows and it's functions...   Yes, Windows and a thorough understanding of hardware and Network basics.  These  things I've stuck to exclusively, priming myself up for learning programming, which I have finally started, recently..  Bottom line is, priority.  My priorities just happen to be as described above.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                  • BC-Programming.com
                • Certifications: List
                • Experience: Beginner
                « Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 07:28:54 PM »
                ahh, this is that game assignment is it not?

Treval, why not ask the questions in the programming forum here?   :)
                I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.