Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Excel random calculations  (Read 2834 times)

valodary

Topic Starter

Excel random calculations
    « on: July 24, 2010, 10:17:18 AM »
    Hi, Guys I built a table for random calculations. I need to kown how I make this to do automatic 1,000 times calculations  and put these each calcutated numbers in a table

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Excel random calculations
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 11:13:52 AM »
    Welcome!
    Computer Hope is the number one location for free computer help. We help everyone with all computer questions.

This sounds like a homework task. We don't do homework.
    If you will help us understand the importance of this task, we might be able to help you. You you trying to solve some kind of probability problem?

valodary

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 11:57:47 AM »
      Thank,

Actually, I am trying to make a simulator that can calculate the efficiency of a model when the random profits are in place. The model compare when the profits are capped against the model of a free profits weighted by the risk of every amount of profit. These calculations are related to insurance losses calculations.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 12:18:50 PM »
      OK. Now we understand.
      Here is a tutorial:
      Random Function RAND() in Excel
      When you type the formula =RAND() in an Excel worksheet cell, you get a decimal number between 0 and 1. If you have a good amount of data, say, in about 1000 Excel cells, you can calculate that 25% of the time the value of the number is less than or equal to 0.25; around 10% of the time the number is around 0.90. I've created a macro to determine the fractions between 0 and 0.25, 0.25 and 0.50, 0.50 and 0.75 and 0.75 to 1. You will notice that the average of the 1000 numbers is always about 0.5 and intervals of 0.25 have 25% of the total values. Also note that the values generated by the RAND function are independent. What is the importance of such random values? Well, as we shall see in the next video, you can connect such random numbers with probabilities of demand for a product or service and perform a Monte Carlo simulation of your data.
      http://www.familycomputerclub.com/excel/random-function-in-excel.html
      Go to the link above and he does a voice over narration. It is kind of deep, but  it maybe what you nee3d to know. He shows the code on the same page.