Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hellp with error code and dr watson  (Read 11493 times)

geeklygo

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Familiar
    Hellp with error code and dr watson
    « on: August 07, 2012, 03:42:08 PM »
    Hi, i need some help with my computer which is a Compaq Presario 6027US running Windows Xp Home Edition. I received this computer about 2 weeks ago from a cousin and he doesn't have any of the recovery discs. However i do have a windows xp home recovery disc.
    When i turn on my computer, it boots up all the way to the Windows Splash screen and then the screen goes black with a mouse cursor on it. it does the same thing in all safe modes. I get the following error code when i disable automatic restart- STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut down.  I've ran chkdsk /r but no luck.
    I've also tried using Dr.Watson and i can't access it from recovery mode. Please Help, Thanks

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Hellp with error code and dr watson
    « Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 03:54:41 PM »
    Since you just received the system I'm guessing there's nothing on it you need to save. Format and reinstall the OS.

geeklygo

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »
      i would rather not do that because my cousin had all games and important files on there, that i want to keep.  Plus i don't have a windows xp home disc, i only have a windows xp home recovery disc.

geeklygo

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 03:59:16 PM »
        Is their a way for me to download a legal iso of Windows xp home edition being that i have a product key?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 04:17:03 PM »
        Is their a way for me to download a legal iso of Windows xp home edition being that i have a product key?

I would borrow a CD instead...DLoads carry infestations you want no part of...

BTW as long as the versions match it'll work and it's pefectly legal to do so...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

geeklygo

Topic Starter

Rookie
          « Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 04:45:33 PM »
          Is there a bootable program to allow me to get some of the files from my drive that was infected?

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 04:47:47 PM »

geeklygo

Topic Starter

Rookie
            « Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 04:54:53 PM »
            I don't have another PC to slave. So that won't work. Is there a program?

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 05:26:31 PM »
            Re-read the article...you need a PC with another HDD that has enough space to copy your data to...

quaxo

Guru
              • Yes
            • Computer: Specs
            « Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 12:12:43 AM »
            If you don't have another computer to put the drive in, you can use a live OS disc, such as one of the many flavors of Linux that have live CD versions.

As for the recover disc you have, if it wasn't made for that brand or sometimes model of computer, it may refuse to install. If his computer had a pre-installed version of the OS, it's product key may not work with an original Windows CD.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
            • Certifications: List
            • Experience: Expert
            « Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 02:22:44 AM »
            Good morning geeklygo and welcome back to CH

The information patio /quaxo / Allan are giving you the information for us to help you.

Maybe these steps might help you. If the HP factory restore partition is functional and in place. If your cousin never made a set of recovery disks you can make them your self here are the steps from HP to make them http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=94088&lang=en&docname=bph08097 you will need blank CD or DVD's to make them. These discs can be used in-case of OS corruption or harddrive replacement. These discs have ALL software / drivers etc that came with the PC out of the factory. Ruffly 3-4 DVD's and 6-8 CD to make them. 

OK error 0xc0000005" is a memory error either physical  or software program / video card memory violation error and is generic in that since. I would run memtest to run a scan on it they may be a bad stick of memory. Here is the link that may help to fix the error http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/stop-c000021-windows-logon-system-process-terminated-unexpectedly-t2366489.html

OK the error c000021a {Fatal System Error} this link may help you http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/stop-c000021-windows-logon-system-process-terminated-unexpectedly-t2366489.html

If you let us know what model the hardrive is (western-digital / sea-gate) we can point you to the web site for the HD UT so the harddrive can be tested.

If you don't have another computer to put the drive in, you can use a live OS disc, such as one of the many flavors of Linux that have live CD versions.

As for the recover disc you have, if it wasn't made for that brand or sometimes model of computer, it may refuse to install. If his computer had a pre-installed version of the OS, it's product key may not work with an original Windows CD.
            he is 100% correct on this. So with the above instructions you should do done so you have the discs 

Please keep in mined these errors can be showing a hard drive that may be getting ready to fall or all errors are from widows (OS) itself.

Since you just received the system I'm guessing there's nothing on it you need to save. Format and reinstall the OS.
            I totally agree with him. just follow the posting that everyone has Put in here to make a complete restore disk.

Please let us know how you are making out and please come back to tell us, Mike     

Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

geeklygo

Topic Starter

Rookie
              « Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 01:46:05 PM »
              When i entered: cd $ntuninstallKB number of patch$\spuninst   

I got the following message:

The parameter is not valid. Try /? for help.

Any help

geeklygo

Topic Starter

Rookie
                « Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 01:48:09 PM »

How do i do this?

quaxo

Guru
                  • Yes
                « Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
                http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Click download. Burn the image to CD. Put in the CD drive of the computer that's having an issue. Boot from the CD.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
                « Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 09:26:56 PM »
                Alternative Live CD instructions using Puppy Linux Bootable CD can also be use, just in case http://help.artaro.eu/index.php/data-recovery/recover-files-from-hard-disk.html#.UCMtZaO2CNR