Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keep getting BSOD  (Read 30248 times)

gomer309

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: Keep getting BSOD
    « Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 12:35:30 PM »
    okay, mbam found nothing, do you know if I can remove teredo in safe mode?  my desktop isn't letting me stay on for long before it bsod and reboots.  I using my grandson laptop to post this

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 12:44:01 PM »
    teredo isn't the problem. Let's try the selective startup please. Also, do you have an anti virus app installed? If so, please run a full scan in safe mode.
    « Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:10:52 PM by Allan »

gomer309

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 03:31:08 PM »
      I do have mcafee, but when I tried to scan in safe mode it just sat there, didn't do anything.  ill work on the selective start up, if it will stay on long enough, or can I/should I do that in safe mode as well?

gomer309

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 04:02:51 PM »
        ok im working on the selective startup, when I went to msconfig, selective start up, itwould only let me uncheck two boxes, it wouldn't let meuncked the bottom one original boot configuration (something like that), when I clicked apply it rechecked the topbox.  am I doing this right?

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 04:23:04 PM »
        That's fine. Just uncheck the two boxes. And when you have a chance you can run an online scan using ESET (from Safe Mode with networking enabled): http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

gomer309

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 04:35:34 PM »
          okay, right now in its present state I don't think its connecting to the internet, but ill try the eset anyways.  in the earlier post it said to add things back one or two at a time, exactly how?  do I go the tab and then check one or two boxes and restart to see what happens?  right now it hasn't bsod like it had been.

Allan

• Mastermind
          « Reply #36 on: July 18, 2015, 08:02:18 AM »
          Yes, recheck one or two startup items and reboot. Continue the process until the system blue screens again.

gomer309

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2015, 11:19:04 AM »
            okay thanks ill be working on it, and I did do eset and it found nothing.  thanks

gomer309

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2015, 12:47:00 PM »
              sorry to be such a bother, I'm going through services and selecting one or two at a time, hit apply, restart, wait 5-10 minutes then I goback to msnconfig, check a couple more and repeat.  I assume that's what I am supposed to do.  the ones I check still show stopped, is this normal or am I missing a step?

gomer309

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2015, 04:44:28 PM »
                hello again, still working thru msconfig.  I made it to power and got a bsod.  to be sure, I unchecked it and a few more before it, went thru the process again, and when I got to power, it eventually went to bsod.  not sure how long before it did, I was out of the room, so I unchecked it, restarted and nothing, so the third time I checked power, restarted, and it has now been about 30 minutes without a bsod.  should I continue through the process and see if something else happens or wait to see if this goes to a bsod?  thanks.

gomer309

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2015, 05:48:57 PM »
                  heres another update, it's been 1.5 hours and still no bsod, so either it's not the power, I'm imagining things, or I missed something.  should I mybe go back a few settings uncheck and try again to see if I can get a bsod, mybe it was one of the other ones and I just missed it?  I'm pretty sure it was after the power option, but now I wonder if I was mistaken.

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  • Experience: Beginner
                  « Reply #41 on: July 21, 2015, 06:10:50 PM »
                  If the BSOD's have stopped...and everything is running fine...let sleeping dogs lie...
                  " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

gomer309

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2015, 06:54:16 PM »
                    well sometime since my last post and this one it went bsod, not sure at what exact time, but I didn't do anything more with msconfig so power was the last thing that I checked. 

Allan

• Mastermind
                    « Reply #43 on: July 22, 2015, 05:07:34 AM »
                    Okay, the last thing I'd like to try is to boot to safe mode and leave it there for a day or two. If there is no bsod from safe mode it's likely a process starting with Windows. But if there IS a bsod from safe mode it's almost certainly a hardware problem and it could be anything from the power supply to cpu, mobo, or something else.

gomer309

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2015, 08:23:44 AM »
                      ok ill be working on that then.  after my last post last night and I restarted I didn't get another bsod and I left it for about 4 hours before I turned it off and went to bed.  ill get back to you