Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems posting in forums  (Read 3147 times)

Nguyen

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Problems posting in forums
    « on: December 26, 2006, 10:46:42 AM »
    This problem only happens on another forum site I'm on, not here or I wouldnt be able to post right now :D

Well the problem is, everytime I'm on that other site, I cannot view pages where I can post while I am logged on. When I am about to go into a thread, a pop up shows up saying "The internet is having some connection problems" then offers to send an error report. After I say yes or no, the internet closes on me.

However, I can view these thread pages when I am logged out of my account, which is when I cannot post.

I can also view threads with multiple pages when I'm logged in as long as its not on the last page, where you normally post. If I try, then the net closes on me :o

Therefore, I cannot view any thread pages where I can post while being logged in, which is having the ablitiy to post, b/c my computer has a problem with that.

Sounds complicated, yes...

Anyone know whats wrong with the piece of machine sitting on my desk that I'm typing on?

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Problems posting in forums
      « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 11:19:24 AM »
      Email the other site to make sure the problem is not theirs.
      What site is it?

Nguyen

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 03:48:39 AM »
        I've already asked all the administrators on the site, but they dont know whats wrong.

They've suggested I delete cookies and temp files/folders but it hasnt helped. My other opinon is to buy a new monitor :-?

The site is www.lyricalgods.com

Thanks ;)

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 12:34:51 PM »
        There isn't one shred of evidence in your original post that indicates you need a new monitor.  So, where did that notion come from?

Saviour

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 04:22:49 PM »
        This problem only happens on another forum site I'm on, not here or I wouldnt be able to post right now :D

Well the problem is, everytime I'm on that other site, I cannot view pages where I can post while I am logged on. When I am about to go into a thread, a pop up shows up saying "The internet is having some connection problems" then offers to send an error report. After I say yes or no, the internet closes on me.

However, I can view these thread pages when I am logged out of my account, which is when I cannot post.

I can also view threads with multiple pages when I'm logged in as long as its not on the last page, where you normally post. If I try, then the net closes on me :o

Therefore, I cannot view any thread pages where I can post while being logged in, which is having the ablitiy to post, b/c my computer has a problem with that.

Sounds complicated, yes...

Anyone know whats wrong with the piece of machine sitting on my desk that I'm typing on?

It would be nice to know the other forum you're trying to post on to see if any of us experience the same issue.