Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re-Install Outlook  (Read 12666 times)

Jp

Re-Install Outlook
« on: March 02, 2007, 12:28:26 PM »
What is the best way to reinstall Outlook Express;

I have the following comments from software manufacturer,
this would involve fixing my fax modem,

No, this is not AOL related problem. Most likely you have problems with compatibility with Microsoft Outlook.
We strongly recommend you to reinstall Microsoft Outlook.

In last hand, please select your Microsoft Outlook as default email client.You may continue using AOL as long as you want but when prompted to make AOL default, please cancel.

Can anyone provide me with some good advice ?

Will be apprecitaed  ::) !

Jp

« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 11:43:26 AM by Jp »

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Re-Install Outlook Express
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 12:51:29 PM »
It honestly sounds a bit fishy...

Outlook Express should not have difficulties if your modem drivers are installed, as OE (meaning Outlook Express) does not manage the device or drivers, the Microsoft Windows Hardware configuration does that for you, not OE.

But then again, OE doesent send Faxes, the Microsoft Fax Wizard does.

Please give us more information on the problem at hand: What is being accomplished, what happened, and overall what is going on.
Also include some information on your operating system.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »
Well, Jp, you've said Outlook Express and you've said Outlook.  Which is it?

Jp

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 05:49:50 PM »
soybean,

It is Outlook Express

Prior to 2003,
I used a Compaq Notebook, OS w98, I got used to the this brand Fax, and had installed in my Compaq;

Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 1
128 MB of RAM
Browser D Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 6
Modem-Conexant HSFiV90V92 56K PCI Modem on COM3

Message from FAX Manuf.
According to information file you have sent to us, your Microsoft Outlook has most likely been uninstalled. If this is the case, Outlook needs to be reinstalled in order for RingCentral 2000 /2002/2004 to function. This is due to the un-installation routine of Outlook it does not remove all of
the newer system components that it installed. The components happen to be those that this fax machine is extensively using, therefore this fax machine requires their integrity, which can only be achieved by reinstalling Outlook. There is no easy way to remove or
downgrade these remaining components, except, perhaps reloading Windows from scratch.

Jp

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 06:15:32 PM by Jp »

Jp

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 06:11:24 PM »
Concerning interreaction with the fax use, . .

I believe that in 98 in this mode C-notebook, the fax was installed, as stock, and therefore they had a interaction assignment with either MS, Compaq or Outlook, in any case e-mail use a modem config. to download e-m.

That may or not be of interest to you.

JP
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 06:12:55 PM by Jp »

soybean

Genius
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 10:07:36 PM »
As Zylstra555 said, "OE doesent send Faxes, the Microsoft Fax Wizard does."  OE has nothing whatsoever to do with faxing.

Outlook (I'm using Outlook 2003) can be used for faxing but it not required for faxing.  Did you have Outlook - I said Outlook, not Outlook Express - installed and then uninstall it?  

Jp

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 12:15:14 PM »
soybean,

I have Pre-Installed, computer came with Outlook Express,

Not using MS Faxing, use installed fax.

Jp

soybean

Genius
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 12:29:13 PM »
Well, all Windows operating systems since Windows 95 have had OE "pre-installed".  It's bundled with Internet Explorer, which is also on all Windows computers.  This will change with Windows Vista; OE will be replaced by Windows Mail, if I recall correctly.  

I get the impression you do not know the difference between OE and Outlook.  They are not the same thing.  Outlook is bundled with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) or can be purchased separately; it is not free.  

I believe the message you saw about "Outlook" was, indeed, referring to Outlook.  So, I'll ask again, "Did you have Outlook - I said Outlook, not Outlook Express - installed and then uninstall it?"

Jp

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 05:48:04 PM »
soybean,

I will gladly retrace my steps to be certain, the facts are straight,

I believe that the manufacturer's message, . . .

"
No, this is not AOL related problem. Most likely you have problems with compatibility with Microsoft Outlook.
We strongly recommend you to reinstall Microsoft Outlook."

Is the reason we are not seeing, "eye to eye".

I will get back to you on this, thanks much.

Jp

Jp

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 06:05:29 PM »
soybean,

*This is the latest of several responces, querying the component softwares in mention from the manufacturer of the non-MS fax software I have and is the, OE and Outlook subject being discussed, as follows;
----------------
Unfortunately there is no easy way to overcome this problem without instalation Microsoft Outlook.
-----------------
Came with Outlook Express installed, presently I use AOL e-mail.

Shall I continue and treat your instruction the same, as if it were MS Outlook ?
----------------------
Do not confuse Microsoft Outlook with Outlook Express, which comes with Windows.

Microsoft Outlook 2000 comes with Microsoft Office 2000, or as a separate application
Microsoft Outlook 98 comes as a separate application, since there is no Microsoft Office 98.
Microsoft Outlook 97 comes with Microsoft Office 97, or as a separate application.

Check if there is Microsoft Outlook in Windows Start > Programs, even if you get an error message trying to start it.

* I didn't have the slightest idea, that I would or should have both,
OE and Outlook,. .then apparently to solve the problem I am having, I guess that I need to install Outlook ?

Does that sound right ? My wxp should have both Outlook and Outlook Express installed ?

Jp

« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 09:40:55 AM by Jp »

Jp

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 11:08:08 AM »
The Low Down

From Manuf. ;

Yes, I'am sure that your Microsoft Outlook was instaled and then uninstaled from your computer.
Unfortunately it's true that there is no way to overcome this problem.
Some time ago Microsoft company decide to not support Windows messaging system with Windows XP anymore.
This meens that in order to use the installed fax software with Windows XP you need to reinstall Microsoft Outlook.

Jp

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 08:06:59 PM »
soybean,

Have you had a chance to read the above latest replies ?

And regarding;

[highlight]
[highlight]Well, all Windows operating systems since Windows 95 have had OE "pre-installed".  It's bundled with Internet Explorer, which is also on all Windows computers.  [/highlight]

[size=12]I would like to know more about the Internet Express Bundle [/size]!

I do recall sometime ago when I took on AOL as my internet server, at that time I figured, to improve the performance of my system, and since I did not use or access IE and that I was getting all these pop-ups, and they seemed to originate from IE servers, etc. to uninstall IE, I had a difficult time doing this, but I do believe I uninstalled it, would that have somehow effected my Outlook installation ??, and possibly is the reason outlook is uninstalled ? :o

Jp

Jp

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 11:30:40 PM »
soybean,

OK, heres what I decided to do, . .

I found some remnants of Internet Express, and what I need to know is can I reinstall from these files, . .

Need to know a little more about the LAN connection considering that I will need the AOL connection to log on to internet access.

Have any experience's in modem management for this ?

Jp

Jp

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 12:59:34 AM »
Anyone  :exclamation  

:-?

I got it, I now have IE homepage working again !

All I need is to install outlook since it is needed for my fax software to work.

This seems to be a major item to install ?

Jp

soybean

Genius
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 09:05:33 AM »
And, you have an Outlook CD, right?