Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MicroHouse EZ-Drive interferes w/install  (Read 4186 times)

MadDogCIS

MicroHouse EZ-Drive interferes w/install
« on: October 29, 2004, 01:25:28 PM »
I have been trying to install Win98 SE on to a AOpen AP5TC system.  The pc was given to an employee of the hospital I work at.  This person purchased a new sound card that was incompatible w/Win98 FE.  The hard drive has been fdisked and formated.  I can run the 98 setup and everything works fine until the restart.  EZ-Drive 8.0 loads and prevents further bootup.  I get stuck at a message from EZ-Drive to type in the command interperter (command.com).  I have done this (c:\command.com, command.com, command, c:\windows\command.com).  I have tried all possibilities that I can think of.  How do I stop EZ-Drive?

Raptor

Re: MicroHouse EZ-Drive interferes w/install
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 05:09:22 PM »
Why would you require EZ-Drive?

merlin_2

MalikTous

Re: MicroHouse EZ-Drive interferes w/install
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 05:38:39 PM »
MicroHouse DrivePro/EZDrive often installs to patch a BIOS that otherwise won't recognise the whole HD. If the entire drive recognises with a standard floppy bootup, do the following:

If you have a current copy of MicroHouse DrivePro or EZDrive, there is an option to remove the dynamic overlay driver. Use that.

Boot to the Windows 98SE EBD or startup floppy (you may also be able to boot to the Win98SE CD to do this) and issue the command

FDISK /mbr

Then type in FDISK again and delete all partitions, and re-create the drive's partition structure.

Restart the PC and prepare the partitions with FORMAT.

Note: If, when the machine is booted directly to a floppy, the HD does NOT show its full size, this alternate method may work:

While the machine boots with the FDD and CDROM empty, hold the CTRL key down. The MicroHouse boot menu will appear. Place the boot floppy (Win98SE startup floppy) in the floppy drive and select it from the menu. Leave the MicroHouse drivers intact on the HD (don't use FDISK, just FORMAT) and put the Win98SE CD in the drive, and install. This will mount the Win98SE OS on the MicroHouse partitions.