Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 8504 times)

scooterpickleman

Topic Starter

Beginner

World of Warcraft
    « on: July 05, 2007, 09:20:27 PM »
    Ok i was a little wary about posting this. My predictions are I'll either get a ton of posts about how much people love it or I'll get posts from people who hate it, but anywho. Just tell about your character and what you like the game and what not.

I'm a lvl 63 Nightelf Warrior on the Firetree Realm name is Razuko.
    I really love the interaction I hate tanking all the time though.

Richenstony

Re: World of Warcraft
    « Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 09:29:17 PM »
    Never pplayed it and i dont think i will its way to pricey........... but the game looks cool  ::)

scooterpickleman

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 09:43:02 PM »
      i deifnatly dont reccomend it lol evenn though I LOVE IT!!!!! A LOT!!!!!!!! its so addiciting its worse than nicotin its worse than crack its worse than your mom its jsut bad you dont wanna lol

nyagan

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 06:48:52 PM »
      I saw it when it first came out, made a mental note to go and try it, soon forgot about it. Then a year or so later i remembered to try it so i did, didn't really "do the trick for me" It wasn't really entertaining. The gameplay is off balance to me. There isn't really a story line, its just try to find this place, go here next, stop here at the way kind of a thing.
      The thing that i thought was really cool though was that you can choose any race you want, I normally play Guild Wars, and in that you can only be  a human and there aren't too many custimization options either. Most people go for the same exact look.
      Another minus is the subscription, when i was going to buy it i ws looking around thier web page and i had head you had to subscribe to it and i wanted to see if that was true. While i was looking it was as if they didn't want you to know about it and just deal with it when the first bill comes.
      It seemed that you would really ahve to know what you are doing too. When i made my first character i diddn't know how to play or what to do next. I got so used to playing guild wars i didn't know how this one worked, everything is so backwards.
      The level of diffucutly and work is at a higher level in WoW also. Lots of work, no play. You ahve to slave over the computer to level up once after... 14 hours of gameplay (witch some people do, and if you do, then take a break already!) And you have to get to level 60...err 70 now?
      In Guild Wars everything is more laid back. It has a whole mini-world devoted to new players so you acn learn to play the game the way it was intended; the right way.
      On a scale of 1 to 10 i would give it a 3

scooterpickleman

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 01:29:44 PM »
        I have Guild Wars as well. Compared to WoW it is nothing in my opinion lol. I liked it when I first got it but WoW took it's place. I guess you do have a point about the lvling. I've played for a year to lvl to 63. I am an exrtremely slow lvler I know people that lvl to 70 in a month or two. The average is 3 to 6 months I suppose. Even if the grind is long it is not a grind! Almost every second is fun. You don't spend hours fighting the same monsters in groups. You do quests explore the world and run through dungeons. Quests are the fastest way to lvl so to grind is jsut not an option. The subscription is what turns most people away and it is a bit pricey, but if you get addicted like most people you don't care lol.

TehGerg

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 10:01:23 AM »
        I have a lvl 70 rogue on baelgun

love the game but need to start a new toon and try sticking to it I am tired of being stabby mcstab and thats it.

I have 63 days played on the charactor true a ton of that is AFK because i always walk away with it running but you get the idea of how much time i spend playing.

dirtmaster88

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 10:08:51 AM »
        60 paladin on alleria alliance
        60 rogue on azshara alliance
        70 warrior on azshara horde
        50 hunter on azshara horde
        numerous twinks on each server as well

Don't play anymore and am burnt out from it. Used to raid with all the good guilds but became too time consuming and I wanted my life back :-)

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
          • Google
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »
        i only played for 3 months

lvl 64 tauren warrior fella thingo
        my friend for some reason thinks he can be a level 214 tauren shaman...
        what a noob.
        Computer Hope

If I don't reply, I'm probably out returning videotapes.

Richenstony

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 11:00:52 AM »
        God i cnt stand world of war craft this game is intended to brain wash you and your wallet. >:( ;D ;)

ITS SUCH A RIP OFF

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
          • Google
        « Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 11:02:48 AM »
        but i thought you hadn't played it and thought it looked good?  ???
        Computer Hope

Richenstony

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 11:33:50 AM »
        I havent im saying its not worth what you pay for it ........ thats silly money

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
          • Google
        « Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 11:36:15 AM »
        someone lost all my silly money... now i can't play kids' monopoly >.<
        Computer Hope

Richenstony

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 11:44:33 AM »
        someone lost all my silly money... now i can't play kids' monopoly >.<
        LMAO!! I HAVE A TON ON MONOLOPY MONEY.....................I CAN LEND YOU SOME ....... but getting  back on topic i really think its silly to pay that amount of money a month some people dont even pay that for a broadband connection buddy , i think its a waste of time and money the desighers only have one thing at heart making money!!! which isnt right due to the ever expanding gaeming society i say cut down the prices and maybe they will have peoples respect and make more money through more members joineing a cheaper rates.

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
          • Google
        « Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 11:47:12 AM »
        quite so chap, but... one thingo...
        err.... who says they want respect? if they are in it for the money, they've obviously made a game that people respect enough to pay that much for. they don't need anyone elses respect, they basically rule the *censored* world already.
        i think it is definitely overpriced though. especially when you consider the fact that some people make freeware games that almost rival WoW...
        Computer Hope

dirtmaster88

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 06:59:30 AM »
        LMAO!! I HAVE A TON ON MONOLOPY MONEY.....................I CAN LEND YOU SOME ....... but getting  back on topic i really think its silly to pay that amount of money a month some people dont even pay that for a broadband connection buddy , i think its a waste of time and money the desighers only have one thing at heart making money!!! which isnt right due to the ever expanding gaeming society i say cut down the prices and maybe they will have peoples respect and make more money through more members joineing a cheaper rates.

It's really not all too bad.... Think about it. When you go out for a night at the bar, it costs at least 15 dollars for a round of drinks with some friends. It costs 10 dollars to go out for dinner. It costs 50 dollars a week for me to fill up with gas. $15 for a month of entertainment isn't a bad price at all. And the main reason for payment isn't all about making large amounts of money, but to pay for all the expensive servers, hosting costs, employee cost. If you've ever played this game before, you know that it is constantly changing with new updates, patches, bug fixes, etc.

In all, $15 a month is a very cheap method of getting a months worth of entertainment :-)

let the flaming begin.....  :-X