Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help, Micro. XP looping restart../sigh  (Read 2326 times)

ronehan

Please help, Micro. XP looping restart../sigh
« on: August 08, 2007, 09:01:28 PM »
Ok, heres the deal, im on my XPS m1710 and just today i had a problem with spyware/adware that my norton didnt pick up. after i got a few anti-spyware stuff, it told me to restart to fix it. So i did.....but now it will not stop restarting, ive tried safe mode then shutting off manual restart for failures, and i even tried to do that with the F8 command. This is really starting to piss me off....im a WoW player and i need my WOW!!!! lol, but really, ive never ha d a prob with this comp, and i dont want to reload everything from my disk...and start all over.... PLEASE HELP!!!!! - Mark

(tried safe modes, not it wont even let me try them. BTW it makes it to the "Windows login screen" then restarts) - 10minutes after orig. post /cry

alexfue12

Re: Please help, Micro. XP looping restart../sigh
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 10:16:41 PM »
dunno what to tell you, TBH. Malware has totally made your OS completely braindead. The only thing I can tell you to do is try to salvage anything you can and start from scratch. Sorry :(

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Please help, Micro. XP looping restart../sigh
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 09:50:24 AM »
Are you actually getting into safemode successfully ? ?
If so are you saying the machine still reboots itself ? ?

If so re-boot into safemode...Control Panel/System/Advanced/Startup and Recovery...uncheck "auto reboot on errors" which is on by default.

Then re-boot into safemode and re-run all your protection apps.
Post back with a complete list of the apps you have and the results as you only mentioned Norton...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "