Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows ME  (Read 3754 times)

vonnette

Windows ME
« on: April 12, 2004, 08:56:10 PM »
I have Windows ME.  I sent out an email but I want to recall it because I don't want to send it to the individual.  How do I recall the email after it has already been sent?

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Windows ME
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 09:48:59 PM »
What e-mail program are you using? I'm assuming Outlook or Outlook Express.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Joleen

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 06:26:54 AM »
Wow, to my knowledge, once an email is sent it's out there.  Maybe you can run over to the recipients house and get on his/her system and delete it (see the Answering Machine episode of Seinfeld).  I'm very interested to hear if there is actually a way to recall emails.

merlin

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 02:40:48 PM »

vonnette

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 05:41:36 PM »
I'm using Outlook Express

natesneat2000

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 07:01:35 PM »
As they said before, I'm afraid there's no way to recall or delete a sent e-mail. Just like think before you speak; think before you send.

wrathchild_67

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 07:45:57 PM »
Reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons where Homer sends out the sarcastic letter to Mr. Burns but the tries to get it back.

Unless you know this person's email account password, and you can log in and delete the message, there's no way to bring it back once delivered.

sierradad

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 07:57:34 AM »
"Been there...done that!"  :P

That is one advantage of "snail mail." You have to physically write the letter, put it into an envelope, put a stamp on it, and put it in a mailbox. All of this gives you time to re-think it. With email, all it takes is one quick click and it's gone.  :o  As has already been said, think before you send.  8)