Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with maintaining power to monitor  (Read 1965 times)

hawthorn

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Problem with maintaining power to monitor
    « on: October 26, 2007, 05:32:27 PM »
    On one of the computers I have got when you turn it on you hear the monitor click to turn on when the computer is switched on like it always has and then recently it has clicked again before anything comes on screen and turns the power back off to the monitor.  I thought it may be that the monitor has died, but it appears that it isn't that.  I tried plugging in a different monitor which I know works but the same thing happens, so it must be something inside the box of the computer and I have no idea what part of the computer other than the monitor would make the monitor not operate.  What part of the computer would cause something like this to happen?

The beeps, fan starting up etc with the case of the computer all happen as before, but just the monitor gets no power for more than 1 second before dropping out.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Problem with maintaining power to monitor
    « Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 09:04:37 PM »
    Welcome aboard ;D

Try another monitor cable.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Problem with maintaining power to monitor
    « Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 12:00:45 PM »
    I tried plugging in a different monitor which I know works but the same thing happens, so it must be something inside the box of the computer and I have no idea what part of the computer other than the monitor would make the monitor not operate.  What part of the computer would cause something like this to happen?
    Have you tried connecting the first monitor into another computer to see how it works?   Does this computer have onboard video or a video card?