Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gaming PC Error NEW CLUES!  (Read 24082 times)

homer

Expert
    Re: Gaming PC Error NEW CLUES!
    « Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 04:52:46 PM »
    The small yellow four pin connector would be a pci express connecter would it?

no, supplementary PCI-E connectors have 6 pins.

is there a label on the yellow 4 pin connector? does the PSU manual give anymore additional info?

the only other 4 pin connector that i know of is for the CPU.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 04:57:03 PM »
      ah,  :o  No,  Nope it came w/ the case.  I have one plugged into the board
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

homer

Expert
        « Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 05:04:17 PM »
        I have one plugged into the board

into the CPU power header correct?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »
          Yes
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

homer

Expert
            « Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 05:22:54 PM »
            does it go into here?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 05:25:56 PM »
              Sorry yes it does.  Got ahead of me  ;D

homer

Expert
                « Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 05:28:57 PM »
                then the yellow 4 pin connector is for a motherboard that has an 8 pin CPU power header. if your motherboard does not have an 8 pin CPU power header, then you do not need to worry about it.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2008, 05:36:09 PM »
                  Okay just wondering thanks.  Will try another PSU then.

homer

Expert
                    « Reply #38 on: March 13, 2008, 06:00:18 PM »
                    you dont need another PSU, just leave the extra 4 pin connector. it doesnt have to be hooked up if you dont have an 8 pin CPU power header on your motherboard.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2008, 03:48:15 AM »
                      I havent changed the PSU yet just wondering cause I wasnt sure when I first got it.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2008, 04:36:12 AM »
                        I got another working psu but it doesnt have the four pin connector.  Should I still try it?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2008, 05:49:00 AM »
                          I found another one with the twenty pin + the four pin connector should I use it instead?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2008, 06:51:34 AM »
                            I took the PSU out of my Dimension 2350 and tried it in here.  After messing around in the BIOS.  The problems were still there.  :o

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2008, 10:34:39 AM »
                              I'm not sure what else too try. ???

patio

• Genius
                              • Maud' Dib
                                • Yes
                              • Experience: Beginner
                              « Reply #44 on: March 14, 2008, 10:45:50 AM »
                              Since it's not a Dell MBoard be grateful if you haven't fried anything.
                              " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "