Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The best RPG of all time...  (Read 51026 times)

Ironman

Hopeful
  • Virtus, Veneratio, Fidelitas
    • Yes
    • My Personal Site
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: The best RPG of all time...
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 03:42:47 PM »
1. Final Fantasy Tactics
2. Diablo
3. Fable 2
4. Mass Effect
5. Legend of Dragoon

Siscorskiy

Beginner
    « Reply #31 on: January 04, 2009, 05:14:54 PM »
    1. Final Fantasy Tactics
    2. Diablo
    3. Fable 2
    4. Mass Effect
    5. Legend of Dragoon

Forgot about Mass effect  ;)
    I help you do more by doing less.

diablo416

Hopeful
      « Reply #32 on: January 04, 2009, 06:03:47 PM »
      Diablo
      Diablo2
      Fate
      D.E.A.D
      R.O.H

monkeyboy_2008

Rookie

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 07:43:44 PM »
        Chrono Trigger Definitely.

In my opinion, an RPG, is a game where at certain points in the game, you can pretty much travel all over the world/map/kingdom, and do what ever you desire, before you want to go to the place to proceed in the storyline. Also, upgrading items/stats, and maybe changing party members or whatever, depends on game.

Chrono Trigger is the definition of RPG, along with other games. CT is such an amazing game, I've played it 30 times over, and still don't get tired of it. I play it on my computer with the ZSNES Emulator. It's pretty freaking awesome.
        The game has an amazing storyline, awesome characters, cool battle-style, and much much more.
        It also has a cool feature, where if you beat the game, you have the option of starting a new game with all the old items and stats. Some people may think this cheap... but you could always sell/throw the items away. It also has like 13 different endings or something, so you can always try to find everyone :D

If you are looking for a really good RPG to play, definitely play Chrono Trigger, hands down.

EDIT: Also, the Legend of Zelda series, has always been my favourite series. Can't say I've played/beaten every single game, 'cause I don't have all the systems, but from what I have played, it's been a solid good run.
        The Final Fantasy series is definitely my 2nd choice. My favourite is FF VI or FF III, can't remember which one is the better one... one of them has like another character or something. But anyway, that game is freaking awesome

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, 07:48:10 PM »
        Chrono Trigger Definitely.

In my opinion, an RPG, is a game where at certain points in the game, you can pretty much travel all over the world/map/kingdom, and do what ever you desire, before you want to go to the place to proceed in the storyline. Also, upgrading items/stats, and maybe changing party members or whatever, depends on game.

Chrono Trigger is the definition of RPG, along with other games. CT is such an amazing game, I've played it 30 times over, and still don't get tired of it. I play it on my computer with the ZSNES Emulator. It's pretty freaking awesome.
        The game has an amazing storyline, awesome characters, cool battle-style, and much much more.
        It also has a cool feature, where if you beat the game, you have the option of starting a new game with all the old items and stats. Some people may think this cheap... but you could always sell/throw the items away. It also has like 13 different endings or something, so you can always try to find everyone :D

If you are looking for a really good RPG to play, definitely play Chrono Trigger, hands down.

EDIT: Also, the Legend of Zelda series, has always been my favourite series. Can't say I've played/beaten every single game, 'cause I don't have all the systems, but from what I have played, it's been a solid good run.
        The Final Fantasy series is definitely my 2nd choice. My favourite is FF VI or FF III, can't remember which one is the better one... one of them has like another character or something. But anyway, that game is freaking awesome

My favourite ending to do would be using Just Chrono.
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

monkeyboy_2008

Rookie

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2009, 07:54:10 PM »
          Definitely.

About my last post... I think I messed up about the Final Fantasy thing... I thought FF3 was the game I was talkign about.. but I think it's just FF6

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #36 on: January 05, 2009, 08:19:10 PM »
          honestly, I've never been too fond of the Final fantasy series. I have absolutely no rhyme or reason either.

Although I am slowly playing through FF2 and FF3 on the SNES. Very slowly. Not because I suck, but because I don't play it often ;)

I was tempted at one point to respond to this thread with, "the one from Duke nukem 3d" but people would get confused I think...
          I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

pcjoseph1974

Intermediate

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 10:43:30 PM »
            Some old school titles belong in there too

1987 Pool of Radiance series
            The Bards Tale 1,2,3
            Legacy of the ancients
            Eye of the Beholder 1,2,3
            System Shock 1,2

GameKingX

Rookie

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2009, 12:01:15 PM »
              Fallout 3, Mass Effect and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2.

macdad-

Expert

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2009, 06:47:08 AM »
                honestly, I've never been too fond of the Final fantasy series. I have absolutely no rhyme or reason either.

Although I am slowly playing through FF2 and FF3 on the SNES. Very slowly. Not because I suck, but because I don't play it often ;)

I was tempted at one point to respond to this thread with, "the one from Duke nukem 3d" but people would get confused I think...
                same here, never understood the storyline.

RS or just play your own custom RPG with Pencil, Notebook, and a few Dice  ;D
                If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.

spacecat9

Beginner

• Hardware Guru
                  « Reply #40 on: January 19, 2009, 05:01:54 PM »
                  Oblivion and shivering isles.
                  fallout 3.
                  these are basicly rpg games love em both. ;D

Basicly a blend of FPS and Role playing all in one.
                  Hope all goes well.

Spacecat9 :)

azali

Greenhorn

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2009, 09:38:55 PM »
                    The best RPG of all time is Final Fantasy 7.  Hands down.  The storyline is deep, the music really controls the mood of the game, the graphics are decent, the dialogue is interesting to read, and the gameplay is very fun.
                    ya ur right there

BlackDragon

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2009, 10:04:42 PM »
                    Interesting question and very difficult to answer.  My first RPG was probably Dragon Warrior on the NES and it holds a near and dear place in my heart. However, 20+ years have passed since I first played the gamein which there have been innumerable advancements in both games and systems.  Not to mention that I am a totally different person than I was in middle school!!!!

I have played Fallout 3 through a dozen times and have gotten all of the Windows "achievements".  I absolutely love the game graphically and story wise but there is something missing in the game for me.  Perhaps it was too easy or perhaps it was the fact that leveling was stunted at level 20.  Anyway, I digress.  My favorite RPGs are the following, in no particular order:

Dragon Warrior, Baldur's Gate II, Knights of the Old Republic II, Fallout 3, and Neverwinter Nights 2

I grew up on paper and dice so the D&D structure really appeals to me.  Plus I enjoy having to actually role play a character with faults which is why I loved NWN 2 so much.

johndal

Rookie

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2009, 05:02:22 AM »
                      defo free rider 2 i love to be the blob lol

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
                        • Yes
                      • Experience: Experienced
                      « Reply #44 on: February 08, 2009, 01:36:56 PM »