Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i want to install a new windows xp professional di  (Read 4231 times)

Ray Stimpson

i want to install a new windows xp professional di
« on: March 15, 2005, 01:53:59 PM »
My son as had problems with the original windows xp professional and wants to install a NEW disk,is this possible ???if so how to do it !
Many Thanks,Ray Stimpson
 :)

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: i want to install a new windows xp professiona
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 03:07:43 PM »
So you want to erase all of your computer's information and install another Windows operating system, right?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Ray Stimpson

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 01:34:56 PM »
Hi Flame,thanks for your reply,yes we do want to erase all info and reinstall from new disk.Are there any problems with this?Or can we just install a new xp disk "on top" of original,would this then have a conflict?
Many thanks,Ray

Computer_Commando

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 01:45:35 PM »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 01:50:33 PM »
    Ray Stimpson...several questions . First , what was the problem with the original Win XP pro install ?  ......Is the "New disk " the same one as the original install disk?

I would be inclined to format the hard drive and then do a clean install of Win XP pro as opposed to attempting a repair . ( remember if you go this way to save any important data onto a cd ,before formatting or it will be lost ) .... After the clean install , don't forget to go to M/S update page and get all the SPs and applicable updates.
    Another tip.......be sure that after you install Win xp pro..... to install your anti virus software before going on-line to get the Win xp pro updates .....

Hope this helps

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.