Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't get conexant CX2388x (Conexant blackbird?) PCI TV tuner to work  (Read 4680 times)

Dead Reckon

I have a Harmonics (Conexant) CX2388x (Also known as a Conexant Blackbird from HP), it was pulled from a friends old HP media center, the only drivers I can find for it are from 2004, they seem to have it installed but nothing is working to initialize it. I do not know if the card works, I do, however, know it did work. I have tried several open source media center applications, XMBC (learned it no longer had tuner support at all), Media Portal (It won't initialize the tuner no matter what I do, and there was a lot of graphical artifacting in the menu's, text stretching across the screen like some deformed ragdoll and such), GB-PVR, and lastly VirtualDub.

Specs:

2.533GHz P4 Northwood socket 478 CPU, 400MHz FSB
512MB PC2100 DDR
512MB nVidia 7300GT AGP 8x @ AGP 4x
Asus P4S533-MX Micro-ATX motherboard, SiS 651 chipset, socket 478, 3 PCI, 1 AGP
320GB WD 3200JB ATA100 hard drive
32x TEAC 32x CD-RW (don't have a DVD burner at the time)
550W Rosewill RP550 PSU
Conexant CX2388x (Conexant Blackbird?) PCI TV Tuner
D-Link DWL G510 wireless PCI adapter

And, uh, I think that's it, later on I'm throwing in this old Soundblaster 5.1 Live to see if I can do away with the onboard soundMAX Digital. I've just got to make room... Its a bit cramped inside the desktop with that 7300GT's heatsink, might downgrade the GPU to a 128MB AGP 4x nVidia MX5200. Anyway, thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

EDIT: Maybe someone has had this issue before and can help me find some software to work with this card.