Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with dial up speed  (Read 14892 times)

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Help with dial up speed
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 05:55:07 AM »
Here's where we need to be careful, Squall:  line speed remains the same -- it's the file caching or data compression which the services offer that makes the difference.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 11:22:13 AM »
Yes, you can't physically make the internet speed faster, you're just "squeezing" the webpages and images to smaller sizes so that it loads faster within the same non changable speed.

Like eating a hamburger, eatng bite sized pieces vs eating one hamburger whole  ;D

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »
    ah, I didnt go to in depth with it yeah after looking at it that more or less what its doing.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Mulreay

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 11:33:52 AM »
    Squall welcome to the light. These speed up programmes are the toilet paper of RegCure. That's how I feel about these lying money grabbing programmes. We should have a list of the thing's that annoy us most like the 10 commandments!

[attachment deleted by admin]

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 11:36:59 AM »
      what???  Also mine is free so it dont matter an I do see a difference with it.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

2x3i5x

Expert
      « Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 11:40:59 AM »
      but you might get a program like admuncher http://www.admuncher.com/ or adblock plus ....

You know ... one of those adblockers, will really save bandwith on the dialup for having no advertisements being downloaded alongside main website content....

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 11:43:52 AM »
        I never have to much trouble with pop-ups for some reason.

Mulreay

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 11:43:56 AM »
        Squall Ok we can keep telling people they get a better connection with these programmes then. Your call. You have to appreciate that these programmes can cost people a lot of money (I know yours does not) with the lie that they will increase connectivity. All the while using a simple programme almost cookie style to make you believe things are faster. It's a myth, a unicorn, an elf, loch ness monster, U.F.O's, ghost's and people actually like the Hoff. It's all make believe.  ;)

Mulreay

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 11:46:03 AM »
        but you might get a program like admuncher http://www.admuncher.com/ or adblock plus ....
        You know ... one of those adblockers, will really save bandwith on the dialup for having no advertisements being downloaded alongside main website content....

Yeah just good computer sense will increase your speed. Good call.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 12:56:01 PM »
          what ever I see a difference may be not with the physical connection but I notice things work faster an everything.  Not currently but why should I bother with it at the current point.

Mulreay

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 01:22:32 PM »
          Yes your right it 'seems' to run faster. It's up to the client end of.

2x3i5x

Expert
          « Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 01:23:19 PM »
          run faster is really subjective. Just a feeling ... does it take less time to do same task now?

Mulreay

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 01:30:45 PM »
          You will 'not' be able to download faster. It's just a scam.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 01:32:24 PM »
            that it does an it even seems to download a little bit faster too all considering.

Mulreay

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2009, 01:35:50 PM »
            Ok end of story. Squall as always your just flogging a dead dog. Facts are facts.